cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile Network issues

TheRookieGB
Dialled in

Hi all

I have 4 iPhones, (2 x iP11, 1 x iP13pro, 1 x iPXR)

These are all on Virgin Mobile on a superb monthly deal with 4G/5G data. 4 x Sims and 15-30GB data packages. It’s a great deal as I am a VM broadband customer also. (Not a O2 Volt).

So what’s my issue then?

1. Today I was in Norwich and had 3-4 bars 5G signal yet I simply couldn’t search a Popular shopping website or any other sites. I had to join a nearby shops free Wi-Fi. Why? I understand that VM is the O2 network and this would normally mean that you would be a non priority device but  Virgin and O2 are now the same company! So why the lack priority on the network. If it’s congested in a City centre then I should have just as much Priority as a O2 customer? 

2. I was a Tesco mobile customer before VM with no Wi-Fi calling. I didn’t need it. Yes same O2  network and same home. Yet now at home on VM, I have missed calls and have to turn on Wi-Fi calling? It’s the same O2 signal so why is it worse than Tesco? VM is O2 and the same company?

3. Calling my wife and she has a poor signal…. Why does it ring 5-6 times then say that the mobile is switched off? If it’s off then it should ring at all?

4. It just seems that you get what you pay for. I have a great deal yet if it doesn’t work very well then what’s the point of having 15-30GB if it’s rubbish?

I really want this to work. The mobile network settings were automatic and when they work it’s fine. What are we doing wrong? These are new sims etc.

Any ideas or is this just the norm? I shouldn’t have to stand in a city centre and try turning on and off mobile data and toggling the Airplane mode desperately trying to get some data.

all advice taken.

Ps. Sorry about the  bold text. Couldn’t turn it off.

cheers all

3 REPLIES 3

TheRookieGB
Dialled in

At some point I would like some official answers to this perhaps from a VM agent. 

including my VMedia I can pay over £100 a month for services and it seems daft to have a family of mobiles struggling to make calls reliably and without issues. 

is VMobile still looked at as a a virtual network on O2 or a co-owned company with joint priority as O2 network customers? 

My reason is that if I was to move to another virtual O2 network such as Sky, Tesco, giffgaff then would I have the same issues. 

(I did try to get O2 volt but after weeks of attempts O2 could never offer me more than 2 sims as their systems crashed on credit checks, something that nobody else had an issue with.)

Currently as mentioned I have 4 x Sims on a monthly contract. So if this continues to be intermittent I could leave. Something I don’t want to do as the price is superb. 

please help. 

Hi @TheRookieGB

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the signal issues you are having at home and elsewhere.

I would be happy to look into that further for you.

I will send you a private message now. 

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki

i have replied to the message. 

would be nice to sort this out as I have already started to browse at other non O2 networks. It’s not always about the cost. 

I would also like to know if VMobile is looked at by O2 as still a Virtual network in regard to its priority of the network congestion. You would think it would be the highest prioritise network of the others such as Tesco, Sky etc. 

thanks