cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile Account Registration Problem

crampet
Joining in

Hi,

When trying to register for a new Virgin Mobile account, after entering my Mobile Number, the next screen asks me to enter digits from my security answer but I have never set one up.  My SIM came with my Oomph Virgin Media Package and there were no codes or specific instructions on how to set up the account.

In the instructions for registering it says after I give my Mobile Number, I should receive a text with a code. I have tried several times and have never received a code. Is this the issue?

73 REPLIES 73

The registration page will not open using my virgin mobile,  and using another phone I am asked for security answers to unknown questions which I haven't yet set. 

The virgin mobile app is working fine but I want to change the parental controls to off, for whatever reason the app doesn't have this option available. 

Hi I am also having a problem registering for an account as part of the Oomph package.

I had the problem logging on as the registration page as it asked for a a security question which I was not aware of. I phoned up and was able provide a PAC code to the adviser and the number has now been transferred. I also set up a security question but was told that I would have to wait 24 hours to be able to try and register again.

I have now tried to register again but this time the phone number is not recognized - I tried the original number and the transferred one with no luck. Can anyone advise what I need to do?

Derry

Shabbir_n
Joining in

I have a ooomp sim started using it but can not access my account as it is asking for password and if I do forgot password it's asking for security answer. I did not set up anything. 

PPlease help. Me with setting up. 

Hdina
Joining in

Hi, I'm trying to register my mobile account but it's not working. The security question is not even there so I can't answer it.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear of the issues Graemez1000 I'll pop you over a private message so we can pass security and take a look.

Thanks, Emily.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear of this Markitsmad, Shabbir_n and Hdina.

Have you been able to register since your post? 

Let us know, Emily.

slongmore
Joining in

i have just received my oomph sim and also cant register for a mobile account, just keeps asking for security questions that i havent even set up yet.

can someone get in touch with me please to sort out

thanks

Samian_01
Settling in

I’m having the same problems as many others in this forum. I can’t get past the security question even though I haven’t set one up with Virgin Mobile! I have my PAC ready to change my number but I can’t get to that stage! 

Hi Samian_01

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you haven't been able to sign up online to add your PAC code. we should have asked you to set up a memorable word/ password.

If you still haven't managed to do this I will be happy to help, I have had a look our end however wasn't able to find your mobile account with the details we have.

so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

I seem to have a similar problem to everyone else, the basics being:

Received SIM

Put it in to phone

Tried to create online account

Enter mobile number, and I'm asked for a password

I've never created a password, I never even requested the SIM - it was just sent out to me after a conversation with your Loyalty team. If someone could please help me to register I'd appreciate it