cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile Account Registration Problem

crampet
Joining in

Hi,

When trying to register for a new Virgin Mobile account, after entering my Mobile Number, the next screen asks me to enter digits from my security answer but I have never set one up.  My SIM came with my Oomph Virgin Media Package and there were no codes or specific instructions on how to set up the account.

In the instructions for registering it says after I give my Mobile Number, I should receive a text with a code. I have tried several times and have never received a code. Is this the issue?

73 REPLIES 73

I’m having the same problem!

Sorry to hear that Graemerz83, 

I'll certainly be able to help, just need to pop you a personal message as well and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team

sparkymarcus_uk
Joining in

My problem is slightly different!

I've got a new sim as part of the oomph bundle in March and this is fine, it works.  I just can't access the bill itself to find out why I'm being charged and for what.

I'm in a vicious loop....

Get email with Bill showing charges so I follow link to see charges.  Can only add "sim contracts" to my existing account (I have another number registered) so can't view that way.  When trying to register as new, it asks me for a security question answer, which is blank.

It is strange as the email I get the bill to must have been put in by someone somewhere.  It all seems a bit weird and dodgy.

I'd appreciate someone getting in to contact as I need to know what I'm being charged for and can't currently do that or speak to anyone when calling.

Thanks

I never got a personal message....

After a very long wait on hold I managed to sort out the maiden name problem by having them register for me and set up the security questions.

They told me that when asked for my mother's maiden name, it actually wanted the password I gave when ring Virgin Media up! Worth a try if you're having this issue.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Graemerz83 and sorry to hear you haven't received a private message to help with this.

I'll pop you one over now so we can pass alternative security and get the memorable word reset for you.

Thanks, Emily.

Domkelly1
Joining in

I also have to same problem 

kfraser1990
Joining in

I’m having the exact same problem got as far as setting a password after a 30min wait on hold and a short tempered phone operative (as I can see from this thread I’m guessing they are fed up of having to sort this problem!).

Every time I put in a password that meets the requirements the screen just goes back to “check your password meets the rules”. Tried multiple different password options and same problem every time.

Was hoping to port my number over from 3 but very tempted to go back didn’t think it would be such hard work to just set up an account!

Hi Kfraser1990, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you're having trouble setting up your online account, this isn't good. 

We can certainly help from here and see if we can get it set up, to do this I'll need to pop you a personal message and grab some details. 

I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

I cant seem to set up a mobile account online ive tried a variety of ways and passwords and tried the password on my account for the TV broadband and telephone but cant seem to get anywhere with the mobile account set up again like others its asking me for a security answer but never set one up on the mobile as it was part of a deal so never got asked to set one for the mobile and did the security one for the others on the account once online. can you help at all.