cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile Account Registration Problem

crampet
Joining in

Hi,

When trying to register for a new Virgin Mobile account, after entering my Mobile Number, the next screen asks me to enter digits from my security answer but I have never set one up.  My SIM came with my Oomph Virgin Media Package and there were no codes or specific instructions on how to set up the account.

In the instructions for registering it says after I give my Mobile Number, I should receive a text with a code. I have tried several times and have never received a code. Is this the issue?

73 REPLIES 73

Hi Lisa, 

My sim is part of Oomph with my virgin media package. I'm a new mobile customer.

I've tried different browsers, cleared the cache, incognito mode, on a laptop, mobile and a tablet, it still won't let me register or complete the recaptcha information. 

Any other suggestions welcome? 

Hi JoJo_The_O,

I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can check the data we have as it may be that which is stopping you from registering.

Thanks,

Lisa

ayjayoh21
On our wavelength

Same problem for me.

Oomph SIM, inserted today.

Went on line to see how to port number. Obviously haven't got a mobile account so tried to register.

Entered my virgin number and was asked for my mother's maiden name???
I'm registering for a new account, how do you already have that info??

Well, whatever info you have is wrong. I know her maiden name, you obviously don't. But surprisingly it doesn't work.

I've tried again and get 

We need the correct recaptcha error.
Oops! That wasnt quite right.

I've tried 3 laptops, Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge (so I'll ignore the fact it tells me to clear my cookies)

I then tried via 'forgot my details' - I get

Sorry - we can't seem to find you on our system.

Please double check the details you entered. You may need to register from scratch. It only takes a minute and we'll keep it interesting. Promise

Well, you've definitely done that.

I tried 'contact us' then 'experiencing an issue'

Oh, crikey. We can't find that page

Maybe the link you clicked is broken or you typed in the wrong address. Perhaps the page doesn't exist any more. Or maybe it's just a glitch in the matrix.

Help!!

The screen is asking for secret answer while I register for online account. I never setup any secret answer. Pls help. 

Hi

I cant seem to register for Virgin mobile

keeps asking me to complete the Catcha pictures, which I do, please help

Hi punitpatel777,

The answer would be the details you provided when you first set up the account. It may be the same details you provide when you speak to member of the team over the phone.

Thanks

bgglp
Dialled in

I'm having the same problem.

Asked for my mother's maiden name, then stuck in the loop for Captcha pics.

Any advice, please?

Hi mooky623 and bgglp,

For the captcha loop are you able to try using a different browser to see if you can get past the loop?

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi.

I've tried Edge, IE and Chrome. All of them have similar problems I'm afraid.

Cheers for checking Bgglp, 

Is the CAPTCHA responding to touches or is it throwing up errors? Are you able to try it on another device?

Thanks,

Corey C