cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media mobile and Tube Wifi

AdeyBee
Joining in

Since the system for the tube wifi has changed i can't connect and i can't see anywhere to get instructions baout what to do to let me connect. I understand i'm supposed to now try and connect to 'Wifi Extra' but when i do this it asks for a usename and password. I have the Virgin Media connect app - the most up to date version And a recent profile from the app. Should I delete this app and profile?   Do i need to do something in my settings? 

Please can you put up a page explaining how to do this as it's really very annoying. 

I use an iPhone (14 Pro) on the latest iOS (16.4) 

18 REPLIES 18

Yes, it won’t automatically connect to Wi-Fi and when I try to do it manually it asked for username and password 

Thanks for confirming.

Our team are aware of this. They're working hard to find out why and fix asap.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi

i have the same issue. No wifi extra connectivity or 4/5G on the tube. Has this been resolved?

Hi Sparkij

This issue is still being investigated. Hopefully fixed asap.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Will we get money off our bill while this matter is being investigated? Now 11 days without service on the tube

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hakdaddy74 wrote:

Will we get money off our bill while this matter is being investigated? Now 11 days without service on the tube

I seriously doubt you will get anything. It's classed as an additional service and not part of your contract.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Is there any sign of this issue being fixed. I still cannot access WiFi on the underground, it still requests a username and password 

I'm back online underground now. My fix was to wave VMO2 bye-bye. Got better value from another provider. 

I know. I literally wish I didn’t join VM given the difference was about £1 pm with another provider. Let that be a lesson to anyone reading…