cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media barring me as no SIM activity recently - Pay As You Go

LazyDaisy321
On our wavelength

I want to keep the phone and number but only use it for emergencies. Why should I have to use it for anything other than that. It is Pay As You Go not a contract.

Mod, please contact me

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This has been in the PAYG Terms and Conditions since the beginning.

3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

3.5 No refund: If you don’t use all of the credit in any Top Up that you purchase, or such Top Up expires (if applicable) then we will not give you a refund for it. If this Agreement is cancelled (unless you cancel in accordance with Clause 5.4) then you will also lose any credit you have on your account and we will not refund it to you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If I remember correctly Virgin Mobile pay as you go tariffs need to have a chargeable event, either a call or text, at least once every 90 days to remain active.

It is somewhere in the Terms & Conditions.

Worth noting that VM are phasing out all mobile PAYG accounts.  No current timescale as Covid has put the plans on hold.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This has been in the PAYG Terms and Conditions since the beginning.

3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

3.5 No refund: If you don’t use all of the credit in any Top Up that you purchase, or such Top Up expires (if applicable) then we will not give you a refund for it. If this Agreement is cancelled (unless you cancel in accordance with Clause 5.4) then you will also lose any credit you have on your account and we will not refund it to you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If I remember correctly Virgin Mobile pay as you go tariffs need to have a chargeable event, either a call or text, at least once every 90 days to remain active.

It is somewhere in the Terms & Conditions.

Worth noting that VM are phasing out all mobile PAYG accounts.  No current timescale as Covid has put the plans on hold.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe time to move elsewhere. I've not been "happy" since they changed the SIM and the new one did not work in my "old" phone so had to get a new phone.

Edited to say I have just sent a text

Will this keep the account active please

My understanding is ANY chargeable text or call will keep the SIM active for 90 days. ALL PAYG mobile phone operators have similar terms.
If you find a provider that doesnt have these terms please let me know.
As mentioned above VM are withdrawing all PAYG sims. So ill be looking elsewhere when the time comes.