Menu
Highlighted
Mgpellis
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Recyle/Trade In non payment

Anyone else had problems with being paid by West One Technology trading as Virgin Media Trade In/Recycling?

I received an email from them on the 8th November saying my phone (iPhone 8 had been checked over and that I would be receiving £295 (which included an additional £100 for buying the new iPhone 11) and that payment would be in my account within 3 days.

I tried to contact them after three days as I hadn’t received payment. I tried phoning multiple times last week as well as sending an email to them. I received a ticket for my email and a generic response saying my query would be dealt with shortly. Heard nothing from them.

Finally managed to get through to someone at West One Technology yesterday who fobbed me off by saying it wasn’t her responsibility but she would take my details and someone would call be back within 10 minutes. They didn’t.

Finally got through to someone via the number on the Virgin Media website today (after ten minutes on hold) for them to apologise but they had to pass it onto their accounts team. They said they would send an email and copy me in. What they did was send another logged email reiterating they had passed it onto their accounts team and payment would be made within two days. I’m not holding my breath. 

What I did find out from my phone call with ‘Jessica’ is that she was the only one answering calls last week (Which would explain why I never had a response either via phone or email) that it would be better this week as they now had two people in the team!?! 

I’ve sent a further email in reply to hers stating that I want payment made to me today and proof of the payment into my account or I will be contacting Trading Standards and the Consumer Action Group.

They have my property but no payment has been made within the timeframe that THEY quoted.

I’m astounded that Virgin Media are using a third party that seem so unorganised and under staffed. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media Recyle/Trade In non payment

Hello

A lot of people are having the same problem somebody else managed to get some joy on 01992 710777 and extension 1101 as from what I understand that extension number is the accounts team, seen other customer getting off the phone and payment has been made.

Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
Darcydoodledog
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mike,

Worked for me. Finding your post resolved my issue in under 5 mins. Why oh why has it taken me over 5 hours with virgin. With being on hold. Passed back and forth and unanswered emails.
Mike.....your a legend

Chris
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Chris

Glad you got it resolved.

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos