cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media/O2

thebigdriver
Dialled in

Now that Virgin and O2 have merged, will there be any changes.

I am very happy with O2, but Virgin are cheaper or even free, but I do not trust the EE Network, I have friends who have problems that I do not have with O2.

Are any changes either way planned.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I made a mistake, you are correct they use Vodafone, and there are many problems, that is why I am pleased to stay with O2.

I would rather pay for my mobile and get a good coverage, than get it for free, with a very poor service!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin now use Vodafone and that is to continue for quite a while due to contractual issues. Moving to O2 is in the distant future.

Virgin may be cheaper but have very poor reviews and there are a number of longstanding problems with their network, some which are over 12 months old!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I made a mistake, you are correct they use Vodafone, and there are many problems, that is why I am pleased to stay with O2.

I would rather pay for my mobile and get a good coverage, than get it for free, with a very poor service!

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @thebigdriver

Thank you for your post regarding the Virgin Media O2 merger.

Just to confirm, Virgin Mobile do still use the Vodafone network currently. In the future things will move to O2.

Hope this helps!

Serena

Hi Serena,

Sorry for taking so long to reply, and that is what I thought might happen.

My contract ends at the end of the month, and is not changing with O2, a complication is that I am with the Clydesdale Bank, who allegedly have taken over Virgin Money, the tail is wagging the dog.

So . . .will I get a better deal for broadband, tv, mobile, and banking, since it would appear that Virgin own them all?

The mind boggles, so I need to speak to someone.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don't think that because it has Virgin in the title it is one and the same company. Virgin Money and Virgin Media are two totally separate concerns as is Virgin Atlantic and the now defunct Virgin Trains. These companies just pay to use the name.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I understand what you are saying, but my friend was promised a better deal with VMedia when he signed up with VMoney, and he got it, much better than I have!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Then as Virgin Money offered the deal best to ask them. No one on here deals with sales and upgrades.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will o2 still run as a separate entity with Virgin Mobile running on it virtually or will it just be VMo2?

(This is after Vodafone)

I am guessing no one really knows as it has to be a few years away regardless.

By then I should be out of my o2 contract.