cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Connect app - can't connect using Virgin Mobile

Palazzo
Dialled in

When I get to the point of switching off Wifi and connecting using my SIM in logging into VMC using Virgin Mobile I get stuck on the screen below.

VMCscreen.jpg

Phone is a Poco F2 Pro with dual SIM but only one SIM card installed (So there's no option to select the SIM card for data as it defaults to the installed one). Mobile data works fine for all other apps as far as I can tell.

I've seen others with similar issues with some phones on this forum, but not seen any solutions offered as yet.

9 REPLIES 9

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Palazzo, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the Connect App. 

Can you please insert the SIM in to the second slot and then try again?

Let us know how you get on. 

Nat

Hi Nat,

Thanks.

I'm afraid I get exactly the same issue when the SIM is moved to the second slot. Mobile data working fine but the app won't progress beyond that "Checking your SIM" screen.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for trying. 

To rule it out, do you have another handset you can test the SIM in? 

If you do, can you please try as we need to check if this is a handset or SIM issue 🙂 

Thank you 

Nat

Hi.

Sorry for the delay in replying but have now managed to try it in 2 other mobile phones:

a) A Mi Redmi Note 4X (Another Xiaomi phone) - It also has the same problem on this phone as my Poco F2 Pro;
b) An LG G6. It works OK in this phone

So, along with others I've seen, it looks like the Virgin Media Connect app does not work with SIMs in Xiaomi phones.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies Palazzo, if both handsets are up to date with the latest version of OS then unfortunately it's likely to be a compatibility issue with those handsets specifically. 

If you let us know that the handsets are up to date with the latest version of OS we can send feedback to the relevant team - hopefully this is something they can address in future updates.

Tom 

Hi.

The Poco F2 Pro is definitely up to date:

Android 11 RKQ1.200826.002

Android Security Update 2021-02-01

MIUI Global 12.2.5

Hopefully it can be fixed at some point. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

We have passed this feedback on, thank you for letting us know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Just to identify that the same issue arises on a POCO F3. No problem with the same SIM and the Connect app in an old Nexus 5X.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for the update @xxxyyyzzz.

We have fed this back internally, have a lovely day.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide