cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Connect app Hotspot control

Timski0
Joining in

How can I stop the virgin media connect app from disconnecting from my strong home wifi and connecting to a very slow weak Hotspot when I am at home?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Timski0,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're not automatically being connected to your home WiFi

You can find information on how to stop this happening here

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Timski0,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're not automatically being connected to your home WiFi

You can find information on how to stop this happening here

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex_Rm,

I had a look at the link but the only thing I can find about preventing the app connecting to hotspots is to uninstall the app which doesn't seem very practical to have to uninstall the app every time I come home and reinstall it again whenever I go out 

Thanks

Timski0

Are you able to opt out of WiFi- sharing via your online account? 

Alex_Rm

Alex_Rm

Thanks, I have tried this, the website says it may take up to four days to switch it off, Hopefully this will help, there are other houses nearby which also have Virginmedia wifi but with a bit of luck their signal will not be strong enough to cause a problem. 🤞

Thanks Timski0,

Please keep us posted on how you get on with this 🙂

Alex_Rm

Alex_Rm

I'll let you know how it goes, It would be a nice feature if the app had a bypass switch and/or an option to disable it when connected to specific networks. Maybe in a future update. I did try a wifi priority app once but it didn't seem to work, may try another one some time.

Hi Timski0,

Thanks for letting us know and for your feedback - we're always looking for ways to improve our services so we'll ensure that your feedback is passed on through the business.

Keep us posted 🙂

Beth

Alex_Rm

Turning off WiFi sharing seems to have worked, I haven't had the problem again so far🤞however it's a shame to have to disable WiFi sharing. I don't know if this is a common issue, if it is, everyone doing the same thing would impact the hotspot network.

Hi Timski0, thank you for coming back to us to keep us updated. 

Glad to hear the fix from Alex seems to have resolved the issue. 

Please do let us know if there is anything further we can support you with!

All the best. 

Molly