Menu
MontyMole
Tuning in
Message 31 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Connect App repeatedy needs to check my sim

Hi,

It is not every time. But the frequency of it wanting to check the SIM varies. A couple of weeks ago it was almost every time. However it has not asked to do it since Monday morning and I have been in the app around 4 or 5 times since then.

When it does happen then it does check the SIM and that is OK. In the process it also logs me out of the broadband section so I have to log into that again. However it does not need me to re-set up the part to access hotspots.

Another thing I have noticed, and I don't know if it is related, is that in the Mobile section it reports my Wifi useage as 100% which is not true and above it shows the true amount of how much mobile data I have used.

I don't have any anti-virus or data cleanup apps running. I do have the separate Virgin Mobile app installed and that does not appear to need to check the SIM - it just works.

I am running it on an Honor 8x which is a dual sim phone but it only has 1 SIM in it (a new Virgin one) and the settings for the second sim are disabled.

Gareth

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 32 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I see, that is quite strange, I will try and dig up some information on this MontyMole, I may need to get some details off your if our team need to look into in more depth, So I may be back, If it continues or worsens, Please pop back and let me know.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
MontyMole
Tuning in
Message 33 of 35
Flag for a moderator

No problem. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 34 of 35
Flag for a moderator

You are welcome 🙂

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
MontyMole
Tuning in
Message 35 of 35
Flag for a moderator

OK. One way or another it appears that this is no longer an issue with my phone.

After the last post I went for almost a week where I could access the app without having to get the SIM re-checked and login back into broadband. Then I had a couple of days where it happened every time I accessed the app.

Then, just over a week ago - my phone got an update from Android 8.1 to 9. Immediately after the update, when I went into the app it asked for the SIM check and for me to login to broadband again. But since then it has been fine. Everytime I have been into the app it has remembered who I was and no need for a SIM check or to re-enter my Fibre credentials.

Gareth

0 Kudos