cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Connect App - Profile not installed

thompa
Up to speed

Hi there,

So, I have the App on my Google Pixel 3 and have the Virgin Connect App installed and have logged in.

I click on 'Get set for WiFi hotspots' and wait and constantly see 'Sorry, something went wrong' message - try again in a few minutes... but it never works!

I select 'Mobile' from the bottom menu and am told I don't have a Virgin Mobile Account!.

I click on 'Hotspots' on the bottom menu and See a load of red dots around our location... but there's a message, 'Profile not installed'. 'Learn more' just sends me back to the 'Get Set for WiFi hotspots' screen with the same result.

Can anyone help me getting this app working?

6 REPLIES 6

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Welcome to most people's world. Don't know what version of Android you are using but it definitely does not work on Android 11 and 12 plus it is decidedly flakey on some phones running 10.

An update has been promised soon for the past year

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello thompa

Thanks for posting - sorry to hear you're having issues with the Connect App. Can you confirm are you running either Android 11 or 12 on your device?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes, my Pixel 3 is on Android 12.

Guess I will have to wait for the update.

Regards,

Allan 

Thanks for coming back to us @thompa and I'm sorry that this isn't working for you at the moment. I have just tested this on my mobile and have come across the same problem. I will feed this back to the team as another user that is having issues with the connect app on Android 12.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you.

You're welcome @thompa and I'm sorry that I didn't have any better news for you.

Regards,

Steven_L