Menu
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 4g network down.

There's seems to be a problem with 4g connectivity on the Virgin mobile network. I've had no data connection since 11pm . 

According to downdetector.co.uk I'm not he only one. It appears to be a nationwide network issue. 

Some people have got through to Virgin and have been advised there's  a system wide update in progress. 

Presumably this was planned, if so, why the hell didn't Virgin let their customers know beforehand via email or SMS? That's unforgivable from a customer service point of view. 

I don't think anyone at Virgin actually cares .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin 4g network down.

Hi there Shroko, 

Thanks so much for your post - sorry that you're having some issues with your 4G connection. 

This is not currently a known issues with us - Down detector is a 3rd party who have no access to our systems or network so are unable to advise of any known issues with our services. 

Are you still having an issue with your 4G? Have you tried a reboot of the handset and tried a manual network search to see if that helps? 

You can text our mobile team on 07533016422 for further help and assistance. It's free for Virgin Mobile customers. We’re open 8am-10pm M-F, 8am-5pm weekends

Please do feel free to keep us posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

The issue occured on Sunday through to Monday morning .

I was not the only one affected, similar posts were left here by other people at the same time .

Threads on downdectector spiked at the same time too, all saying the Virgin 4G connectivity was not working .

So clearly there was a network wide issue across the country. 

@Katie_WT wrote:

Hi there Shroko, 

Thanks so much for your post - sorry that you're having some issues with your 4G connection. 

This is not currently a known issues with us - Down detector is a 3rd party who have no access to our systems or network so are unable to advise of any known issues with our services. 

Are you still having an issue with your 4G? Have you tried a reboot of the handset and tried a manual network search to see if that helps? 

You can text our mobile team on 07533016422 for further help and assistance. It's free for Virgin Mobile customers. We’re open 8am-10pm M-F, 8am-5pm weekends

Please do feel free to keep us posted. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Shroko,

As Katie said, we don't have a known issue about that. Have you already tried what Katie advise you to do?

Have you done rebooting your phone and manual network search? Please let me know how it goes. ^Victoria_M

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Victoria,

I have sarcastically marked both your and Mark's replies as 'helpful'

I don't have an issue now with 4G. 

But I and several others did on Sunday night/Monday morning. 

@Mark_Y wrote:

Thanks for the response Shroko,

As Katie said, we don't have a known issue about that. Have you already tried what Katie advise you to do?

Have you done rebooting your phone and manual network search? Please let me know how it goes. ^Victoria_M

0 Kudos