cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 4G switched onto Vodafone network

JoeKing1VM
Superfast

Provider Virgin, Network Vodafone since 5th Feb 2021 4G LTE.
I've been with Virgin mobile for over 6 years and my billing address I've always had maximum signal strength on all my devices be it Android or Apple all devices are 4G and 4G-A (4+G) when it was EE network.
Leading up to the first week in Feb I noticed call issues in/out going things like someone be calling me but yet it would not ring on my end nor would I have any notification on said calls, likewise if I made out going calls. Also I would suffer drop calls or even calls answered but you I could hear the caller and they could not hear me. The calls would sometime cut off within secs. I would then have to make several attempts to make an out going call, or give up and receive and make out going calls on my business number which is an O2 number.

Now if that was not enough my data speeds were always at the high end while on EE and would take a few sec to download a file of 60MB day or night. I've alway done speed test while on EE and more so while on my Virgin number now using the Vodafone network.

Since the 5th February when I knew I was now switched onto the Vodafone network after doing speed test I was so shocked.
Sorry this is very long by I shall try and give a short version so not to bore you all.
My strength signal has dropped by 2 bars while now using Vodafone my download speed most of the time is less then a 1Mbs to 3 Mbs if I'm lucky, upload 0 to 2Mbs.
Not matter the time of day or night I can't streaming without buffering or freezing.
There are times which is very randomly I get 50Mbs to 200+Mbs download while on 4G and 4+G all at my billing address.
I have called customer service from 8th Feb 2021 and customer support tried to tell me its my device (really all 6 of them). I had done everything the customer support asked of me even a sim swap to the new Red 5G sim (I had the purple one before swap) Friday 12 Feb I had enough and Technically Support dealing with the problems. That Friday they said let's try and disconnect you from network and then reconnect me back which they did this is on the new sim.
Tec support on the 13th Feb ask me to collect some data in a 24 period before calling back to give this information in. Which I did on the 15 Feb and also on the 16 Feb.
On the 16th Feb I was speaking to a agent on 789 and said I have some data for Tec Support and a case number which has to be given to them within a 24 hour period.
This agent basically was very rude and told me, we've done everything if you don't like it go else where.
Now today Thursday 18 February 2021, 2 weeks into this network problem and I'm still paying for my monthly fee, which I can't really use as advertised still at a loss with Virgin.
Now as told by Virgin others customers are experiencing the same or similar problems as me.
My Virgin number is my main and personal number and I've missed calls for important events.
While I love to have my calls working as they should and my Data speeds back in the much higher end instead of my regular 1 to 2 or 3Mbs download I can't see this happening any time soon.
Location is North London and still waiting and waiting..

23 REPLIES 23

Hmm interesting, as mentioned Vodafone and O2 now share mast sites and equipment in most cases and this is also applied to Three and EE.

The Giggitty 1

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic

I'm certain I've recently been switched onto the Vodafone network. I left Vodafone for Virgin because of shocking coverage, at first it coverage was great with Virgin. However, recently I have gone back to the poor Vodafone coverage I had before not happy.  I'm wondering with the merging with O2 will we be now switched again?

Hi @HavencroftKev,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear you are having poor coverage issues. 

Can I ask if you have tried troubleshooting here ?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HavencroftKev wrote:

I'm certain I've recently been switched onto the Vodafone network. I left Vodafone for Virgin because of shocking coverage, at first it coverage was great with Virgin. However, recently I have gone back to the poor Vodafone coverage I had before not happy.  I'm wondering with the merging with O2 will we be now switched again?

Do a manual network search. If you see EE and not Vodafone you have been switched. If Vodafone shows up you are still on EE

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks