cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video playback error onTwitter/BBC Etc

Imran11
Tuning in

Hi

Since yesterday I cannot seem to play back any videos or twitter or BBC via my Samsung Phone. Both 4G Mobile & Virgin Broadband Wifi. Currently have 1 gig Speed. Simply just doesnt load up & says "Playback error"

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

4G mobile & VM broadband are two completely different technologies, but if the same problem is happening on the one device regardless of connection type, I'd say the problem is with a device setting somewhere.

Is the mobile on Virgin Mobile? (I can move this thread to the V-Mobile forum if so)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Yes Device is on Vorgin Mobile.

I updated the Phone I uninstalled & re-Installed Twitter. I cleared the internet cache. Same issue still exists. Yes sure you can move the thread.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check Parental Controls. Going by other posts Twitter has been added.

Make sure they are off in both your mobile and broadband account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ahh Thank You

It was the Parental Control.

Appreciate the help.

Hi @Imran11,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue too. Thanks for suggesting the work around @enlii 🙂

@Imran11, this seems to be an issue affecting some people across multiple internet providers, so we have raised this with Twitter directly under Ticket Reference F009155236.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Aiysha

This has been solved now I had to take off the parental control in order for it to work. But now the videos work. But Ideally I didnt want to unlock parental control.

Hi @Imran11

I can understand. The issue is still ongoing and we have raised this. 

Turning off parental controls is just a temporary workaround whilst we work to get this fixed for all those impacted. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Will do 

If you can keep me updated when itsbeen resolved.

Kind Regards

We will be sure to update any effected users over our Community Forums as well as over on Facebook and Twitter

Kindest regards,

David_Bn