cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow mobile internet speed and poor reception

Bielooo
Joining in

Hi
I have a problem with reception and very slow internet speed.
I just joined you due to fact that my friend is very happy with reception and internet speed. He stopped by at my address other day and few speed test shows at least 80Mbps.
Yesterday I received my SIM card but speed I'm getting in not better that 10Mbps but usually is around 4Mbps.

I went my friends house so I asked him to check speed on his phone and it was 60+Mbps and on my phone 8Mbps standing right next to him.
My SIM was checked on 4 different devices and problem occurs on every single one.

Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin have no network of their own. For years they have used EE. That is now coming to an end and all customers will be moved in time to their new supplier which is Vodafone. New SIMs are Vodafone from the off.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are probably on Vodafone and he is still EE

That said the low Internet speed cropping up suggest some sort of problem to me. I'm a Vodafone customer and never seen things that low.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

He was never on EE

Vodafone? We are talking about virgin

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin have no network of their own. For years they have used EE. That is now coming to an end and all customers will be moved in time to their new supplier which is Vodafone. New SIMs are Vodafone from the off.

I see.

Vodafone have bad signal in my area. 

Luckily I have 14 days to cancel

dajonah
Joining in

I've the same problem, happening for around 2 weeks now, sometimes the data service grinds to a halt altogether.  I noticed that voice over lte is active now too, don't know if this is just coincidental.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dajonah

Sorry to hear you are having issues on your mobile service. 

Have you run through the trouble shooting steps here?

Are you trying to use 3G, 4G or 5G? You can check coverage in your area here
Let us know how you get on so we can offer further support! All the best. 

Molly

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If VoLTE is active you are on Vodafone 

Hi Molly

Thanks for your reply. 

I've rang 789 who advised me they had reset the network settings and told me to restart my phone, no change unfortunately, I'm currently getting around 1mbps down and 0.06mbps up on my last test. My colleague is on virgin also and he's currently getting 40mbps whilst sat next to me. 

Thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us Dajonah, 

Did you manage to check the area coverage via the link above? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M