cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor mobile reception Darlington area

a_burtt
Joining in

I live in the Darlington area, and I have very poor mobile reception, even though the coverage checker says it should be fine. It sometimes takes a day for an SMS to arrive. Any suggestions welcome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin are slowly moving their customers off EE and on to Vodafone at present. That may make a difference when it happens 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you got WiFi calling on? There is a problem on Virgin where if it is enabled text messages never arrive or are delayed.

I've also found that coverage checkers are like politicians promises at time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks will check that. Feel a bit bad even asking this, but I have read Virgin piggyback off EE. Should I (for my area) switch to O2 or similar?! It's just so frustrating

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin are slowly moving their customers off EE and on to Vodafone at present. That may make a difference when it happens 

A1stbrk
Joining in

I have the same problem reception only in one bedroom, I have an EE symbol sometimes. I will change back to original supplier, it costs more but at least they work.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @A1stbrk 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your mobile signal. 

Are you able to let me know if you have this issue wherever you go or is it specifically in your house? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Mainly house but I have to go 10/15m form the house to get any reliable reception. after 15m get 2 bars, never 3 until .5k or more.

Hi A1stbrk, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I have taken the time to check your mobile service on my side and can see that you are indeed in an area that is supplied by low coverage 😞 

I apologise for that as it must be frustrating for you! 

If you are thinking of cancelling due to this, you can give our mobile retentions team a call on 0345 600 0789 and they will be happy to take care of you.

Just remember to ask for a PAC code if you want to take your number with you 🙂

If you are in a contract or you want more info about cancelling a mobile account, I have a helpful link here for you - Cancelling a Mobile Account.

Thanks,

Megan_L