cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM number legit?

Mike2023
Tuning in

Hi. I have just received a letter from Virgin Media, Sunderland. Can anyone from VM verify that the [REMOVED] number that they want me to call with my credit card details is legit as the letter itself looks like something I could have printed out at home. Thanks.

[MOD EDIT: number edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Hero

Take a look at what other wrote about that number ...

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/ [MOD EDIT: REMOVED]

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Hero

Take a look at what other wrote about that number ...

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/ [MOD EDIT: REMOVED]

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mike2023,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've received a letter that you find suspicious. Do you have a Virgin Media and/or Virgin Mobile account with us at the moment, or had one in the past?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Overall Rating is Negative. Most likely a debt scam. 

I just wanted to be certain.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a Virgin Media account.

I had signed up for a Virgin Mobile sim years ago but never used it. I never registered for a online Virgin Mobile account. I have no way to log onto any account online that will give me access to any billing or other mobile account information. The letter is asking me to pay an outstanding balance.

It just didnt look very professional. 

Hi @Mike2023,

Does the letter specify if it's related to a Virgin Media account or Virgin Mobile account?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Virgin Mobile.

I worry that it could be a legit and the next letter I get will be from the debt collectors.

Thanks.

Hi @Mike2023,

For peace of mind, what I'm going to do is send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some details and take a closer look. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi @Mike2023,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could investigate and assist further.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team