cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM changed from Vodaphone to O2, change in contract?

Crypto
Tuning in

Back in May I "upgraded" my SIM with a 12 month contract.  At the time I was told the carrier was Vodaphone.  This was an important choice to me as my partner (Tesco/O2) and I use different carriers to ensure we have some form of signal in the countryside.
We have noticed over the last couple of months we both lose a signal at the same time.  I checked our MCC+MNC codes and we are both 234 10.  That is UK O2.

Is this a change in contract?  I don't want to wait another 9 months before I can change to another supplier?
Thanks for any insight.

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Crypto,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're facing intermittent drop-outs on your connection. At the beginning of the year, we began our process of migrating from the Vodafone network to the O2 network.

So I can take a look into this further for you, I'm going to send you a private message. Please look out for it in the top-right, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,
I've replied to your PM. Just to point out that I'm not complaining about O2 drop outs rather than it's the same network as my partner's phone which I do not want.
Thanks.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Crypto,

Thanks for your prompt response. I completely understand, the reason for the PM is just to check things over and discuss this further with you. I'll respond to your PM promptly 🙂

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ