cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Mobile in Spain

Stanl
Dialled in

I recently went to Spain with family members who all have Virgin Mobile Contracts.

When we landed in Spain I had no signal, the 2 others did, one had a Samsung Galaxy and the other an iPhone.

After connecting my phone to WiFi I eventually got a phone signal the others had no problem.

Next issue, if we got separated and tried to ring each other it didn’t work, but calling home worked fine.

I am interested to know if anyone had experienced similar problems 

25 REPLIES 25

Hi @Smoggy239,

It looks like you've given me the wrong link as that doesn't lead to a thread, but if you're experiencing or know of an issue that's already being covered in another thread then I'd recommend posting there for further assistance.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

I realised that I had added the wrong link and edited it, it now works ok. The intention was to give you some background info as you seemed to think the problem was phoning the UK.

No, it was all 3 phones that have the problem none of which were purchased from Virgin.

Hi @Smoggy239,

Thanks for updating the link. To clarify, what I mean is contacting other UK numbers whilst on a non-UK network due to roaming, not specifically calling back to a UK number that at the time is on a UK connection at the time of the call. Apologies for the confusion.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Stanl,

Apologies, but in your initial post you stated it was only your phone that had no signal upon arrival. Can you please expand and clarify exactly what issues you were having on each of the three phones you've mentioned, assuming all three of them are with Virgin Mobile?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi Zach,

My phone, the iPhone 12 Pro Max, had no signal until I was able to get WiFi.

The other 2 phones got a signal immediately we landed.

None of us were able to contact each other but we were able to contact numbers in the UK.

both iPhones now have jumbled up numbers but the Galaxy is OK.

Hi @Stanl,

I'm going to need a bit more information regarding the jumbled numbers issue you're referring to. With regards to the issue with calls whilst in Spain, sadly I'm afraid it'll be a little difficult to diagnose that problem now that you're back in the UK again.

If you face that same issue whilst outside of the UK then please replace the first 0 with +44 as advised to see if that helps. If not then it's possible that there's a mast issue in the area where you are in that country, but until you're currently facing the problem we wouldn't be able to troubleshoot that.

Sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you whilst you were away.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

I have fixed the jumbled numbers by changing the language and region settings to US and then switch back to UK.

I have also spoken to customer services who have confirmed that they issued me with the wrong SIM card when I took up my contract with VM.

A new one is now on its way out to me which should fix all my problems.

Hi @Stanl,

Thank you for the update on this, I'm glad to hear that we're on course to getting this addressed and resolved for you.

Let us know when the SIM card arrives and if you have any other queries and concerns.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi Stanl,

Did customer services say why your original Sim was the wrong type ? As my wife and I have experienced the same symptoms as you I wonder if ours may need changing.