cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Internet .:. Call when signal is full.

AlexanderMTTH
Superfast

Hey! 

Hope y'all adapt to this new post-Covid world well. For me this means travel and back to work and pretend to like people in the office and on sites. I have an issue and not sure if it's systemic, localised or some individual case.  

I do have Virgin Mobile and not sure what's going on, but the internet seems to be extremely poor. And the coverage as well - well not the coverage, but the capacity to receive and make calls. And these are two different issues. Sometimes I work in B1 (Birmingham City Centre) and the signal show a decent amount of bars, but no internet, no calls, in or out. Reset phone, restart phone, etc, same issues. I have some colleagues on VM and it's the same for them. 

Also the internet, randomly in various cities stops working out of nowhere. Good coverage, calls and sms are OK, but internet does not work (I see the 4G sign there, but I'm clueless what it means). What do you think? This sometimes happens at home too - I know I should use WiFi ... but still. 

Someone else experienced this? Any ideas? 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AlexanderMTTH,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I'm glad I was able to help you a little with this issue.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please come back to us. We're happy to assist.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello there old friend, 

I hope you're well and thank you for the post! 

Sorry to hear about this - if it is affecting multiple users then I would put it down to a mast in the area that's causing the problem, have you been able to check out that on this link: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker? It depends on when it is happening when you are in different cities, is this when traveling on transport etc? 

When you're at home - what is it like, is the connection stable? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for the response. Apologies for the late acknowledgement.

I've checked with Vodafone prior to the post, and according to their map all is well and there are no incidents in the regions I've had issues. I tried to subscribe to updates but their system doesn't recognise VMobile as VDF so I couldn't.

Regarding location, indoors. What I spotted was indoors only, in a building (a brand new one with 20 floors - same-ish on each floor).

The connection is stable per se, in the sense that it either works or not, for a rather chunky amount of time (over 5 minutes). This means the coverage looks OK, aparantely, but it takes a few good minutes until and if the functionality comes back to normal.

Not sure if this helped in any way...

If it's the masts, and as VDF doesn't recognise VMobile as a thing... how can I go about reporting this. Or what would be the next steps?

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Hi @AlexanderMTTH,

Thank you for coming back to us about your Mobile signal issue. I do apologise that you're experiencing this. 

I'd be happy to look into this further for you via Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hey Paulina

Thank you for looking into this. The response to your PM has been sent.
Looking forwards to seeing if and what can be done.
Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Hi @AlexanderMTTH,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I'm glad I was able to help you a little with this issue.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please come back to us. We're happy to assist.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team