cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERY poor signal suddenly?

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

OK, 

VM were doing some work on their network in my area on Tuesday, and we were told there might be disruptions to our services.

Everything seems OK, except that I now have only 2 bars signal on my phone? Used to be 4.

Now having problems with using mobile internet, in that the phone constantly states 'no internet connection' when using data. 

Have done a reset, (turned off, left 2 minutes, turned on again)  also done a reset of the settings, and also a manual search of network, (selected Virgin 2/3/4g) all have had no effect whatsoever. 

So, not sure what VM have done here, but now have virtually no internet on data, (though OK on home Wi-Fi) 

To be honest, since the purple sim 'fiasco' signal has not been that good compared to the old red ones (always had 6 bars with that one). 

Seriously thinking of moving on, as VM don't seem that interested in sorting ANY of the problems they have created themselves.  Now, limited internet, making things even worse!!

13 REPLIES 13

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would not have been Virgin that did work. As an Virtual network they piggy back off either EE or Vodafone although that will be Vodafone only by early next year.

Have you been moved off EE and onto Vodafone.

What networks are listed in a manual network search.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

available networks are:

virgin (2/3/4g)

EE (4g)

3 UK (3/4g)

vodafone UK (2/3/4g)

O2 UK (2/3/4g)

Take your pick enlli!! 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's interesting because the phone should have replaced either EE or Vodafone with Virgin. 

Something wrong there

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

cje85
Trouble shooter

It could be that the network showing as EE is actually "234-32" rather than the real EE network. But yeah that network scan result looks unusual.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cje85 wrote:

It could be that the network showing as EE is actually "234-32" rather than the real EE network. But yeah that network scan result looks unusual.

I suspect you are right which would mean the OP is still on EE. Needs to wait until he transfers to Vodafone, or as Hugh has other problems with Virgin, change networks.

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

So, a week after ths first posting, and, guess what?? 

NOTHING from the mods, nil, zero, zilch... (guess they ain't interested?)

A week without any mobile internet, (works on wi-fi when home, but no help when out!)

VM taking my money every month, yet not supplying the goods that are 'supposed' to be part of the package??

Have reset phone, and all the settings, removed and reinstalled the sim, but no change.. phone, and texts are ok, just the 'no internet' when trying to use data..

Just sick and tired of VM now. Have already got a PAYG sim from '3' because of the 17 month 'fiasco' with OTP/2FA, now THIS.. 

Basically VM are now taking money under false pretences... (scamming customers,  no more. no less.)

Hi HughJarsse,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with your signal.

So I can help I'll need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

OK, so, as from this morning, not only no internet, but now also unable to send texts. Received one from daughter at 8am, (which I didn't receive until almost 4 pm) tried to reply, but 'message sending' appears, then minutes later, 'message not sent' appears!! tried re-sending, same result. 

Tried texting another family member, (on another network) same result.. So, not only no internet, also now unable to reply to texts!! apparently phone still works, so 1 out of 3 that I am paying for!!

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HughJarsse

Thank you for coming back to us with an update, I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to send text messages as well now. That is not ideal.

Just so you know, any work on the Virgin network will relate to our cabled network, not the phone masts. In relation to the service you are receiving on your mobile - can you try rebooting your phone fully and let me know if you are still unable to send text messages.

I've taken a look at your account and can see that the upstream levels are out of spec for your internet connection. I will send you a private message now to get an engineer appointment booked to resolve this. This may be causing the issue you are having regarding the internet service on your phone.

Please look out for my private message and get back to me when you can 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena