cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using mobile abroad

impeymac
Tuning in

Currently abroad & unable to ring the UK.

Rang VM on 789 to ensure this was all set up correctly before traveling out.

Can't ring the UK, unable to find other ways on contacting VM other than the advertised 'help' numbers on the website, which I can't use because I can't ring the UK!!!

Tried the online guides, set up roaming correctly etc, but no change & roaming setting on my mobile remains greyed out.

Wife is ill, flights cancelled & can't ring the UK. For crying out loud VM, provide some alternative ways of sorting out problems when abroad!!! This is serious!

15 REPLIES 15

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi impeymac

Sorry to hear this 

Would you be able to reply back to my private message 

As I will need to pass security to take a look at the account 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 

Also I just wanted to ask if you are in a wifi enabled place where you could Whats app call your wife, if that is at all possible  
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

Thank you for responding.  👍

Just to clarify, my wife is with me abroad (far east, 7 hours ahead of the UK). I'm trying to talk to insurance & airlines, neither which can be contacted by email or live chat (just like VM). Why do companies do this?

Not having my mobile enabled, despite arranging it before leaving the UK, is incredibly frustrating.

We have wifi, & so are otherwise able to communicate with home using WhatsApp etc. Unfortunately this is not yet standard operation for most companies at the moment. Things have now actually calmed down, but I will need to use my mobile in the coming days.

Thanks again.

Still unable to dial the UK despite the efforts of the helpful Gareth.

Simply not good enough VM.

I'm assuming I'll receive a large refund for the lack of service & huge amount of stress I've endured when (if !) my wife & I return to the UK?

Hi impeymac

Have tyou been able to make any calls since 

I did check again and its all active from our side 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth.

Sorry, but unable to ring UK numbers.

G

Let me have look at this for you impeymac

Gareth_L

impeymac
Tuning in

On the way home now, so hopefully won't need my mobile until back in the UK.

Gareth, thanks for trying, I appreciate your efforts.

VM - oh dear, what a load of rubbish. I deliberately contacted you beforehand to set up my mobile in case I required it abroad in an emergency, which is exactly what happened. And what happened? You dropped me right in it, that's what.

Simply dreadful.

Thanks for coming back to us @impeymac and I'm sorry for the experience that you've had whilst using your handset abroad.

Would you like to raise a complaint about this experience?

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven, thank you for responding.

If I thought it would any difference I would complain.

However, I'm reasonably sure it would result in nothing more than a list of excuses (which may or may not be true), none of which would make up for the stress & inconvenience experienced.

Gareth has my details if someone wants to take this further.