cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using UK allowance in Spain

Laura1402
Joining in

Hi

Can anyone confirm if it is possible to use the full UK allowance while on holiday in Spain without incurring any additional charges, if I don't go over my usual allowance?

It is unclear on the website as Spain is not listed on the EU countries available on roam like home?

Is there anything I need to do with the handset before arriving to enable uninterrupted service?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear that the website is a little unclear when identifying Spain in the "Roam Like Home" feature. I can confirm that Spain is covered under the feature. As you are travelling in Europe, you will be able to use your inclusive allowance of data, minutes and texts as normal - these are subject to our Fair Use Policy. Your Fair Use limits are calculated based on your current mobile tariff with us.

To calculate your fair use allowance on your service, please head to our Fair Use Calculator and pop in the required details. If you have ran out of your inclusive allowance, or go over the fair use limit, you will be charged at the same rates as the UK out-of-allowance charges.

Before you head to Spain, can you please ensure you've done the following:
1. Log in to Your Account and go to Plan & Device
2. Select Manage Services
3. Find the Going Abroad area and change this to ON

4. Make sure International Call Barring is switched OFF

We recommend doing this at least 24 hours before travelling. When you arrive in Spain, please reboot your device and you will receive a text to notify you that you're connected to the local network.

You can also find out more by visiting our Roaming Hub for Spain

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Spain is included

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-roaming-hub/spain

Make sure Roaming is turned on in your account and that you set a PIN for your Voicemail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks