cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless complaints system

BSK1
Tuning in

In December 2021 I got a call from Virgin saying that as a long standing customer they wanted to upgrade my package. As it involved changing the Tivo box I said I'd prefer not to because I didn't want to lose all my saved content. I was told that I could save everything to another device e.g PC, USB. I knew this was wrong and wrote to Virgin accordingly. They've never answered. What they have done is to send me 'boiler plate' letters saying they are looking at my complaint AND may even phone me - they never have. They have also sent a rambling, badly punctuated and grammatically incorrect letter that does not address my original complaint. In the letter and also via email they confirm that I've requested changes to my package, the price of which will increase in Decmber. I've never asked for any such change. Today, I received another 'boiler plate' letter - looking into my complaint, 28 days, blah-blah. The letter states the complaint reference number but shows it as closed on their system. I wrote to Virgin on December 23rd, 2021 and Febuary 04, February 09 and April 14th. I may has well saved the inlk and paper. They are truly hopeless. I'd go elsewhere but I don't want the hassle. Any ideas anyone?

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BSK1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're facing issues regarding a potential package change and also with how the complaint you've raised has been handled. Regarding the communication you've received about the package change, does it offer more details? For example, does it state if the cost has changed or the minimum term has changed?

As for the TiVo box, provided that it's not faulty and in need of replacing as a result then we wouldn't need to change it if you don't wish to. However, we no longer sell the TiVo box, so only upgraded models would be offered.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

To be absolutely clear I have never received a reply to my initial complaint i.e as part of the incentive to upgrade my package I was offered a replacement Tivo set top box and could transfer all the content to it via a PC, USB etc - not possible. I've deleted the email regarding the unrequested package change. I recall that it included Kids Pick!. However, the undated letter from Virgin states that I recently made chages to my package. Quote: 'on. the you have M200 Fibre Broadband. Full House TV and Talk Unlimited for yout Homes phones services with a monthly rate of £82.73 and then £92.73 from Sunday, 25th December 2022'. Punctuation etc. as letter. To summarise, initial complaint never answered, package change never asked for, 'bolier plate' responses never acted upon.

Hi @BSK1,

Thank you for expanding. So that we can look into and discuss this in more depth, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @BSK1,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could take a look into the situation a little deeper for you. I'm glad that we were able to address your concerns and your complaint for you.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team