Menu
rony28
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Urgent, network issue abroad....

Hi all,

So I have just landed in Bulgaria and to my surprise my network is completely not working. It was working fine in London in Stansted.

I have turned Data Roaming on and have restarted my phone several times. I have taken the SIM out, given it a wipe also, no avail.

I went to the EU last year to several countries, and what I expect to see is an intro text welcoming me to the country with the rates etc. I have yet to receive this text. My network is just blank.

I cannot even call Virgin Media as I do not have network. I was hoping to use the chat function, but the "chat function" only applies to "Broadband,TV and Phone" areas. Great....

Any advice?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
rony28
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Urgent, network issue abroad....

Just went onto my Virgin Media Profile and realised there is a "Roaming" section and it was turned off. I didn't realise there was a Master roaming section on the VM site and it was just on your phone?

I have now turned it on...let's see what happens

0 Kudos
Gramophona
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I have the same issue, having just landed in Guernsey today. Unfortunately I didn't look up roaming functions before I left.

I don't think I have an account (though I receive an email each month with my bill and account details on it, I don't remember ever setting up an account) and when I do try and set one up, I'm only asked for a security answer, when I don't remember having set a question!

I can get wifi obviously, but am unable to receive texts and calls. My phone keeps cycling through set up functions.

Any help anyone can give me would be hugely appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gramophona,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

I will private message you to look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos