Menu
B_W_1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded package with Sim how do I cancel existing virgin sim

I have just upgraded my media package with Virgin and with the new package came an Oomph unlimited data SIM.

However, I already have an existing Virgin mobile account and 2 mobile SIMs.

I wish to keep the existing account and just one of the numbers if possible. I wish to port the other number to the new SIM.

I have 2 phones but presently 3 SIMS. I only need 2.

I have spent 2 hours on the phone so far and been put on permanent hold three times. I cannot get a response of any kind from anyone. The chat line......won't.

Virgin must be selling this media package with an Oomph SIM to others who also already have a mobile account with them, there must be a process for this but I cannot get anywhere.

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgraded package with Sim how do I cancel existing virgin sim

I am not sure you can transfer an existing sim to the same network without that going to PAYG and then back in again - what they should have done is discovered you have a mobile and just upgraded that sim instead!
0 Kudos
B_W_1
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded package with Sim how do I cancel existing virgin sim

Thanks for that. Appreciated.

The crazy part of all this is that I have just upgraded and given them more money!

I have just spent another 2 hours being told that it can all be done, no problem but then being transferred from pillar to post, before once again being left hanging in the ether listening to that insufferably repetitive music for 45 minutes.

I have a solution; I plan to terminate my mobile contract and buy 2 new SIMs elsewhere.

I will terminate my Internet/Telephone/TV package as soon as I am out of contract.

I only wish Richard Branson could have sat next to me over the past 2 days and witnessed what I have been through.

0 Kudos