Menu
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade mobile contract carry on

Hey Steve 🙂

So is virgin's credit based on the amount per month you pay? If so this is stupid. I got turned down for a phone on EE - I really wouldn't have cared but I have been paying £109 a month for the past 24 months and I was on the annual upgrade program!. In the end I came from EE to here - paid EE off £809 - and paid £579 for my own phone - being on a mere £20 a month contract I doubt I would ever get something from VM either -(as I am also a Media customer, in my case £51 a month cable)  but some advice friend, try and get the phones outside of the network if you can? 

The P20 Pro is about £499 from appliance direct and others - can you afford that? You get an unlocked phone and then cheap airtime like you have had - with no commitment. Just an idea.

0 Kudos
Steven_mckinlay
Joining in
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Martin.......if you read previous comments you will see I was advised higher credit phone requires higher credit class. 

My credit class was raised.

Tried to get phone again. But no. I can get the tariff but not the loan.......freestyle. 

I only wanted a new phone as the p20 pro price per month was great! £30 per month for a new phone and adequate tariff.

But alas I can't, so I will wait and see. 

Noone seems to actually know what they are doing or indeed advising

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Have a look at the phones giffgaff sell - they are unlocked and Ratesetter is usually better at giving people loans for phones. I've used them in the past and they are ok.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sadly if the credit check is declined then there isn't anything we'd be able to do concerning this.

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Steven_mckinlay
Joining in
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Pretty sure virgin media can do something about it. The only reason that credit level increase is not approved is because of virgin media payment history. And the VM payment history is erratic due to vm giving me the run around when it was time to renew media contract. Which left an outstanding balance on my account each month. At the time, I took a resolution of a discount on monthly payment. And complaint was ended. Waited on vm sorting my account out. Until finally I paid the outstanding account to stop the automated mail I was recieving each month. And the services being suspended. A due to me cancelling my DD due to vm trying to take £90+ per month when I myself and vm advisor agreed a much lower monthly amount.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven_mckinlay

You can get help by texting out Mobile Team on 07533051809

Any time between 8am and 7pm Monday to Friday 

Regards 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos