Menu
Steven_mckinlay
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade mobile contract carry on

in June I applied for upgrade from SIM only contract to phone contract. Phone I picked was £5 more per month than my SIM only contract. Contract was long out btw.

I was rejected.

Advised to contact certain dept, see if they can help increase my credit level. They sent a form away, wgich takes 24hrs, to ask for increase. I did not get increase.

Waited a few months and applied again, Same again, no. Please call this number and they will increase your credit level, don't worry!

I did, they advised, after looking into my mobile and media account that I had missed none of my DD payments for my mobile contract and that my media account had outstanding balance.

I was told to increase my credit level that I would need to pay the outstanding recurring amount on my media account. Then they can help. Seemingly this is called back office.

I explained I will in due course, and advised how the outstanding balance was there, due to virgin muckup.

So now the media balance has been paid in full last week. Applied for phone today, told not high enuf credit level. I'm 2 and the phone is 3. Spoke to 6 different people, told I was talking rubbish. I have been misadvised. There is no back office etc etc. Even I need to call Equifax. Last person I spoke to was customer care mobile, whom is now sending off a form to back office to ask again for credit increase. I said I need to speak to that dept. He said he does not have a number. I said well how did I speak to them.

0 Kudos
Steven_mckinlay
Joining in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade mobile contract carry on

And guess what the form is being sent to back office!!!!!! 

Back office whom can look into BOTH media and mobile accounts. 

Back office that I spoke to I've the phone and was advised. 

I will be very annoyed if tomorrow this form comes back rejected. 

How on earth do I speak to the back office, as I have already done so previously.....

0 Kudos
Steven_mckinlay
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Well, not surprised with no comments......neither am I surprised that I have recieved no call back from virgin mobile customer care as advised.......so as per usual I will need to call virgin yet again, explain everything again, and no doubt wait for virgin to do nothing when in fact they meant todo something.

I have not the time to keep phoning,explaining, waiting.

Out of contract customer.

Looking to get a monthly contract phone, upgrade.

Will be enquiring with other mobile service providers this evening.

Strong possibility I will be leaving for another network.

0 Kudos
Steven_mckinlay
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

And here is the link to problems I had in may/June. Which is now affecting me now.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Fun-package/m-p/3718373/highlight/false#M162139

Wish virgin could see all this

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven_mckinlay,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with upgrading your service with us. Has this issue been resolved since your post?

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

Steven_mckinlay
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes and no. Just found out yesterday that my credit level has been changed from c2- c3 but upon applying for a c3 phone is have passed the credit check but failed to get the phone. 

So the advice that I've been given from everyone that my credit level needs increased was not true. As it has been increased, passed credit check but failed....I mean! wth!

This is for a freestyle contract so I pass for the tariff but fail for the loan. 

I am currently in the process of finding a pay monthly phone with either three or ee. I feel I will never be able to get a contract phone with virgin, very good customer with virgin mobile and media. 

This whole experience with virign is making me think about my media package when it's up for renewal for second time. 

I pay £19 per month, have done for 18months or so. Never missed a payment. And the best upgrade I can get is a Samsung j3 or a8, tbh I don't know as virgin keep offering phones saying I'm accepted then I go through to complete transaction and then they say declined! Constant calls from virign mobile sales offering phones that I cannot get! 

Even now with my glorified credit level increase, c3! Woopdydoooo. Counts for nothing. Wasted hours and hours speaking to prople from virign Messi and mobile. 

Should I complain? I dunno. It's more time to waste......it's ok it's just your customers time.

So to answer the question. No

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I am truly sorry to hear about what has happened.

What is the handset you're trying to take out?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Steven_mckinlay
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It was the p20 pro 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Steven_mckinlay
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The phone I currently have is the Moto X play. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that. 

If you were unable to take out that handset then it is more than likely you need a higher credit class to get that handset.

My apologies if that wasn't explained to you.

^Martin

0 Kudos