cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsuccessful activation from EE to Virgin mobile

Jennifernelson
Joining in

Hi Virgin,

I have recently joined virgin from EE. I am facing some problems activating iMessage from my new virgin number. I have contacted Apple assuming it was a problem on their part however, after running numerous tests they have confirmed it’s a problem with Virgin. They have asked me to contact you to check the provisioning of the account and SMS rooting as Virgin need to give Apple the green light to allow for iMessage to work. I have read your advice online and attempted numerous times to restart my phone and network settings, sign in and out of my iCloud account, turn iMessage on and off and activating still appears to be unsuccessful. Hope you can help, I've had this problem for a week now!

Jennifer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jennifernelson wrote:

I am in the UAE, with a SIM card purchased in this country.

Thanks

If it is a Virgin UAE SIM card then you will need to contact them. This forum is Virgin UK and a totally different company.

If it is a UK card then any setting that need to be applied to the card would have to be done in the UK

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jennifernelson,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you're facing problems with iMessage on your handset. To confirm, have you ported your number from EE to Virgin Mobile, or is this a completely new number?

Can you please check your Settings on your handset, to ensure that the phone number is correct? You can check this by going to Settings > Name, Phone Numbers, Email > Contactable At and then selecting Edit and entering the correct phone number, and using +447 at the beginning rather than 07.

You will also need to change this in Settings > Password & Security > Trusted Phone Number to ensure you don't lose access to your iCloud.

Once you've done this, please save this and then sign out of iCloud/Apple ID and reboot your phone. Once rebooted, please try signing back in and re-registering for iMessage.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,

Thank you for your reply.

As I have temporarily moved out of the UK I have got a local SIM card. Therefore, I still possess my UK EE SIM card for when I return back. Other people who use 2 SIM cards haven’t faced this issue.

While reading your response, my trusted phone number is still my UK number as this is still in use.

Hope this makes sense

Hi @Jennifernelson,

I believe I understand what you're saying. Can you please confirm which country you are in? And to clarify, is this a Virgin Mobile UK SIM, or did you purchase the SIM in the country you are in now?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

Thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jennifernelson wrote:

Thanks

If it is a Virgin UAE SIM card then you will need to contact them. This forum is Virgin UK and a totally different company.

If it is a UK card then any setting that need to be applied to the card would have to be done in the UK

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Jennifernelson,

Thanks for confirming those details. Unfortunately, we're only able to support with Virgin Mobile UK queries on this forum, as Virgin Mobile AE is a separate company. 

You would need to contact them directly to look into this issue further for you. You can find ways to do this here.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team