cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrequested sim card order

TawnyOwl
Joining in

My husband has received an email from Virgin saying that the sim card he has ordered is on its way, but he hasn't ordered one. We do have an unused sim card that we received as part of our landline/internet/TV package when we took it out, but in this email there is actually a mobile phone number mentioned, which we don't have. I can't find any reference to this order on the account. We haven't been notified that sim cards are being upgraded. Wondering if this is a scam or if he has been sent another customer's email in error (though address details and name are all correct).

32 REPLIES 32

Thanks for the swift reply, it is very much appreciated.

The email came from mail@virginmedia.co.uk and indicated that the SIM would be delivered to my home address which was stated correctly in the email.

I'm not sure how I can check my self-care account to find any confirmation.

Regards,

Mark 

Thanks for coming back to me @markhunter

Let's take a closer look into this for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

gallego1
On our wavelength

My partner has also received this email.  Order at 0542am  this morning via customer service with address and number details in the email 

Why are they being sent out. Is it genuine?

• No details have been changed on our side

Hi @gallego1,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have also received a similar email. We can understand your concern and want to best help.

Just to confirm, what email address was this sent from? Have you made any recent package changes at all? Just to confirm, is your address and number details in the email?

Please get back to me as soon as possible so we can further look into this for you.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

gallego1
On our wavelength

Sent from mail@virginmedia.co.uk. No changes have been made to account onour side

Text message also received

Hi @gallego1, thank you for getting back to us!

If you can just confirm if the SIM replacement information is also showing in your account? 

As advised a little earlier in this thread this is a legitimate communication from us following some changes to our mobile network and any instructions for changing the SIM over should be followed to avoid any issues with your service.

Has the SIM arrived yet? 

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help with! 
All the best. 

Molly

gallego1
On our wavelength

Hi Molly. Thanks for the reply

What happens if I am in Europe before I get a chance to swap the sim card.    Will the existing SIM card stop working

Thank you

No problem - thanks for getting back to me!

The SIM will need to be activated by use within 14 days of receiving it. 

If you are not in the country we can look into sending the SIM to an alternative address in the UK - have you received notification that is has already been sent? 

All the best. 

Molly

gallego1
On our wavelength

Hi Molly

The SIM card has arrived today however the sim card that it replaces is in Europe for a couple of weeks

What can be done so that the existing SIM card does not stop working until the existing SIM is back in the UK  

Thank you

Hi gallego1, thanks for the reply. The sim card will be valid for 30 days and would need to be activated during this time. If it doesn't the sim will become deactive. If this is the case then please come back and we will be able to arrange a replacement for you. ^Chris