cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrequested sim card order

TawnyOwl
Joining in

My husband has received an email from Virgin saying that the sim card he has ordered is on its way, but he hasn't ordered one. We do have an unused sim card that we received as part of our landline/internet/TV package when we took it out, but in this email there is actually a mobile phone number mentioned, which we don't have. I can't find any reference to this order on the account. We haven't been notified that sim cards are being upgraded. Wondering if this is a scam or if he has been sent another customer's email in error (though address details and name are all correct).

32 REPLIES 32

Yes it is, but the email implies that 14 after the new one is received it won't be?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've been sent a new SIM then it needs to be swapped - it won't change the mobile number though, it's the same number on a new physical SIM.

It'll be part of the changes that Virgin Mobile are doing as part of their move from using the EE radio network to using the Vodafone radio network, that's been going on for the last few years.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Can I ask why the email states the sim will come with a new phone number then?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

This could be an automated message, a brand new SIM will not change your phone number by any means @MissCB

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thankyou 😀

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You're very welcome @MissCB please keep us updated with how you get on after receiving your replacement SIM 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Majesticmagic1
Joining in

I have also recieved a mail saying my sim cards are on the way...I thought it was a scam mail trying to get me to clink a link so I checked on my account. 

It has an order for two new sim cards for my actual virgin mobile number to be delivered to my house... order placed at 01.30 last night

It was certainly not me so am concerned it may be fraud where someone intercepts mail and then has a sim to my account to use fraudulently...

Tried to do a direct chat with virgin to cancel the order which I have not done...I want to know where the order originated from

Past to too many help questions but not been sent to any chat links so am in here for advice. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated 🙂 

Good Morning @Majesticmagic1 and a very warm welcome to you

I'll be able to look into your account to ensure that this is a valid order for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Good morning,

I have also just received an email which has an order number raised at 11pm last night informing me that a new SIM (with a new number) has been dispatched.

I have not made any such order, and reading this thread, am I to assume that this is a replacement card?  If so, I have 2 SIM cards registered to my account - for which one would the replacement be for?

I look forward to some clarification please.

Regards,

Mark Hunter

Thanks for your post @markhunter,have you checked your self-care account for any confirmation like the previous poster?

Does the E-Mail address responsible for the E-Mail look genuine, or possibly suspicious?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn