cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrequested sim card order

TawnyOwl
Joining in

My husband has received an email from Virgin saying that the sim card he has ordered is on its way, but he hasn't ordered one. We do have an unused sim card that we received as part of our landline/internet/TV package when we took it out, but in this email there is actually a mobile phone number mentioned, which we don't have. I can't find any reference to this order on the account. We haven't been notified that sim cards are being upgraded. Wondering if this is a scam or if he has been sent another customer's email in error (though address details and name are all correct).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've been sent a new SIM then it needs to be swapped - it won't change the mobile number though, it's the same number on a new physical SIM.

It'll be part of the changes that Virgin Mobile are doing as part of their move from using the EE radio network to using the Vodafone radio network, that's been going on for the last few years.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

32 REPLIES 32

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TawnyOwl,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry for any confusion here. Have you or your partner made any adjustment to your package recently?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

No, not at all. We started our most recent contract over a year ago and haven’t altered it since. 

Hi @TawnyOwl,

Thank you for the prompt response. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some additional details and have a closer look at what's going on.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for your help - when it arrived today it said on the letter that it was a replacement to enjoy the new and improved network, so perhaps everyone is getting one. Would have been good if that could have been explained in the original email about it though! Problem solved, thanks! 

Hi @TawnyOwl,

No problem at all. If you do need any further assistance with this at all, I've sent you a private message.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi my dad is having the same email and issue, he doesn't want a new sim card and especially not a new number, any help??

Hi @MissCB,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having a similar issue. Just to confirm, has he made any changes to his package of late? When was this email received? Also is his sim currently active and in use?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No he hasn't made any changes to his package at all, he's retired and really doesn't like to have any hassle with changes

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MissCB

Thanks for the response! Is your Fathers SIM still active and working?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs