Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unlock code

I have a pay monthly contract for my daughter's phone, which is a Samsung Galaxy A80, which started last year September.

She dropped her phone from her bed onto a thick carpeted floor and unfortunately the screen went funny. She kept using it until it all turned black and we could not even see if the phone is switched on or off. 😣

Booked a repair with Samsung. They said that they would need an unlock code so the device can be tested.

My other daughter recently got a contract with Virgin Mobile and the sim card she got sent with her new phone had an unlocking code already printed on the main card. I do not remember seeing the same on the main card for the sim for the A80.

Somehow I could not find any help about this phone on the main Virgin Mobile website.

I read on USwitch that all Virgin pay monthly phones are unlocked. Is this true? I am worried not having the unlock code on hand and Samsung will charge me nearly £60 if they cannot test the device after fixing it.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unlock code

All Virgin Pay Monthly phones on Freestyle contract have come unlocked for some time now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlock code

Thank you very much, @enlli I can stop stressing out now!
0 Kudos