Menu
tonym99
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unlock code unavailable for IMEI code

I have used my Virgin Mobile payg phone for many years but it has now stopped working.

Failed to register sim

It seems possible that, as the phone has not been used to send a text of make a call for several months, it has been cut off, even though it was frequently used for incoming calls and texts.

I received no notice that we needed to make a call, or else I would have done so.

I now want to reuse the phone (TTfone) with another Payg provider (Virgin have chopped their payg service) and tried to get an unlock code via the Virgin website by entering the IMEI code.  It failed with a message saying that Virgin did not have an unlock code for that IMEI.

Iknow the IMEI code entered is correct and I know that the phone was in use with the Virgin network.

Where can I go to get an unlock code or do I have to scrap a perfectly usable phone?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unlock code unavailable for IMEI code

Virgin still do PAYG but I admit it is expensive for casual use.

You can ring up on 0345 6000 789 from another phone and see if they can obtain a code.

Alternatively, if your phone has an old Red Backed SIM another provider working on EE could be the answer. ASDA Mobile springs to mind.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos