cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited calls but not enough credit?!

FJ2
Joining in

Just moved to the second month of an unlimited calls and text bundle, yet when I try to make a call I get a message saying I do not have enough credit. Plus other various issues such as recorded messages in foreign languages when I attempt to call usual contacts. There is clearly a technical / billing issue but the customer service team are refusing to assist. They are pursuing phone setting which I already checked, repeatedly. The first operative said she would call back and never did. The second operative hung-up after providing my phone number. The third operative kept putting the line on hold whilst dealing with something else. Not one checked the account. I wonder if Virgin media are aware of the communications issues in their call centre. The technical / billing issue still not resolved.

13 REPLIES 13

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @FJ2, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding the credit issue.

Do you have data allowance as part of your package please, is it possible that you have gone over this and therefore incurred usage charges?

Can you please also check your Virgin Mobile account, to see if you have a spending cap on because if so and you've gone over this, this might explain why things aren't working properly for you.

Please let me know and we can take things from there.

Many thanks

Tom_W

The data allowance was just carried over as I did not use it. So no, it not possible I have used it. This response does not resolve the issue. I have not used the data allowance and I have unlimited calls and texts so I should not have incurred charges. Therefore it seems the spending cap would be irrelevant as I have not exceeded the allowances. The account setting need to be checked by Virgin Media and the Customer Service team have repeatedly been unhelpful.

Hi @FJ2 thanks a lot for your message - I appreciate your frustrations, I'll do my best to resolve things over here for you. 

Can you please try to refresh your network settings, as although a basic recommendation this can sometimes prove a quick fix?

Can you please (if you have this turned on), disable your wifi calling, restart your handset and see if this issue persists? 

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for your message. I have already reset network settings with no change to the issue. Wi-fi calls already off. Restarted my handset several times already. This is not a problem with my phone it seems, but perhaps a problem with the account settings. 

Hi @FJ2 thanks a lot for your confirmation and no problem.

To rule out the fault with your mobile phone completely, can you please try to use your SIM in an alternative handset and let us know how you get on?

Many thanks

Tom_W

It is not a problem with my phone. The account / network issue needs to be investigated to find out what caused the problem and an explanation provided. A £1 spending cap has been added to my account but not by me. Either this was done by the customer service team without communicating to me as such or my account has been hacked. Either way I hope I do not see this charged to my account on my next bill. 

Hi FJ2

Thanks for coming back to us. I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

This is really troubling. I have repeatedly asked for information on status of account but I am not able to get any information at all in this regard from Virgin Media. This query is repeatedly not being answered. My phone was working fine at first and then when the account transferred to the next month of billing I started to get the issue of a recorded message saying that I don’t have enough credit to make the call. No settings had been changed on my phone so it cannot be an issue with the phone. The phone provider also confirmed the issue cannot be the phone or its settings. It is clearly an issue with the account settings and the rollover from one month to the next which has triggered the issue. Also it appears to be an intermittent issue which furthermore suggests it cannot be the phone itself. There is a real lack of transparency with what is happening to resolve this issue. Just lots of the same questions with little information. I find this one-directional style of diagnostics and customer service quite unusual and frustrating. 

Hello @FJ2 - the status of the account is absolutely fine. If it was not this would have been mentioned the instant we spoke via PM. Now, please can you advise me, has this issue been happening since the cap was raised? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill