cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited SIM spending limit warning

Jocko
On our wavelength

I'm on VIP package with unlimited oomph  SIM. When trying to send texts with photos I've hit the error 'you've hit your spending cap'. Can someone explain why?

The spending cap is set to zero, though I was able to send a few photos before seeing this warning.

Having checked my account due to this problem I can see the SIM has unlimited texts but unexpectedly shows a data limit of 15gb. This is not the cause of the problem as there is a large amount left, but I would also like some clarification why this data limit is set at all on an unlimited SIM please.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Text with photos will go as MMS messages and these are not included in your allowance. I believe they are 50p each.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Text with photos will go as MMS messages and these are not included in your allowance. I believe they are 50p each.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jacko,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

As @enlli has correctly advised, MMS messages are not included in your allowance unfortunately.

We do apologise for any confusion caused.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Jocko
On our wavelength
Thanks for replies. Great community support again cheers and Happy New Year @enlli

I'm still a bit baffled why my unlimited SIM shows a 15gb cap though, which I've only noticed due to the original issue. It's this correct for an unlimited SIM? Can raise as a separate post if required.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should see an unlimited data allowance if that's what your plan is for. This is what my allowances show as:

Capture.PNG

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi Jocko

Thanks for posting and sorry for the confusion over the tariff. I shall PM you now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill