Menu
TonyLCFC
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unlimited Data

Hi and Good Morning.

We have a virgin unlimited mobile package with unlimited data too, we got it as a Black Friday deal for £20 a month on the back of being a fibre customer also. When we signed up we asked specifically if the speeds are throttled back after a certain amount of usage (Giff gaff claim unlimited data but after 6gb usage it’s a limited speed of 250kbps) and were told no it’s unlimited with no restrictions on speed being placed. Can anyone confirm what they believe is to be true of this please. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlimited Data

Here are the details of the Virgin Mobile traffic policy for 4G plans

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
TonyLCFC
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, so reading this

What is traffic management?

Traffic management is typically used in networks to lower the speeds of a minority of heavy users to ensure that it doesn’t impact the experience of everyone.

Do Virgin Mobile use traffic management?

Customers on 4G plans are not subjected to any traffic management policies.

We shouldn't experience any control over the speeds experienced?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Correct.

You'll be able to get up to the full 50Mbps down and 25Mbps up that's currently possible with Virgin Mobile.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is it not 50/50 now on the unlimited? or 50/30? I can get 70/40 on 200GB so I assume it's naturally slower for unlimited?

0 Kudos
rehmanab
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have just been suspended from my "Truly Unlimited" £25 per month for high usage, I am a broadband customer but waiting for the broadband to be connected due to construction problems on my street, so as I have no fiber BB yet I have to use the "Truly Unlimited" sim card as a hotspot so have used nearly 900GB a month for the last 3 months.

They basically have said I need to drop to lower tariff or cancel the contract. They can't seem to understand that it's not my fault that Virgin Media have a delay on their side in connecting my BB services, but I am an account holder for the 350MB broadband.

I will need to find another provider for mobile broadband now untill VM have connected my BB.

0 Kudos