Menu
Gary333
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unlimited Data (Sim Only) - What if you leave Virgin?

Hi,

Quick question. If you take out the unlimited data sim which requires you to be a Virgin Media customer but later down the line leave Virgin Media what happens?

0 Kudos
teabag
Community elder
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlimited Data (Sim Only) - What if you leave Virgin?

The only answer I've noticed on here from the Forum Team is  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Unlimited-data-calls-texts-for-cable-customers/m-...

Not such a good looking deal now, as you can now get unlimited for £20 from 3, or £25 from their sister company "Smarty" on a 30day contract.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only x2. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Rising star
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As far as I know it gets switched to another offer or they contact you - I went for the Black Friday 200GB deal so I didn't need unlimited but didn't want to lose it when I do move away from VM

As @teabag states, 3 currently do unlimited for £20 and Smarty who run on 3 match VM at £25 a month. If the 3 offer goes again at last you have another option the same price as now
0 Kudos
Gary333
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for responses. I did try the '3' unlimited deal out (which only worked out at £14 after Quidco), but cancelled within 14 days as the speed was poor.

I do have a Virgin account at the moment, however will be moving to my new house in a couple of months and as others might have seen from other posts I am having issues getting them to install the service.

I don't want to risk taking out the offer for unlimited and then getting stung. Although, not sure what they could do once it's taken out apart from disconnecting you.

0 Kudos
Gary333
Dialled in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Called Sales and wow, do not try this. I had no idea what they were saying as the message was garbled, broken English with no real understanding of what I was trying to ask.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Gary333

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages.

Part of the requirement to benefit from the package you referred to are that you are a Virgin TV and broadband customer at the time of taking the deal.

Full details of conditions are available here virg.in/legals

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

happywithmy350
Rising star
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Gary333 wrote:

Cheers for responses. I did try the '3' unlimited deal out (which only worked out at £14 after Quidco), but cancelled within 14 days as the speed was poor.

I do have a Virgin account at the moment, however will be moving to my new house in a couple of months and as others might have seen from other posts I am having issues getting them to install the service.

I don't want to risk taking out the offer for unlimited and then getting stung. Although, not sure what they could do once it's taken out apart from disconnecting you.

What's the 3 speed like at your new address? You could also try a sim from Smarty who, whilst charging £25 for it - do unlimited data on 3. so you could get an idea without a contract. Just a thought 

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Rising star
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@David_Pn wrote:

Hi there Gary333

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages.

Part of the requirement to benefit from the package you referred to are that you are a Virgin TV and broadband customer at the time of taking the deal.

Full details of conditions are available here virg.in/legals

at the time of taking the deal... so what happens if someone leaves VM for TV and broadband in such time? Also are you sure it's TV and broadband? I have just Broadband and it's being offered to me both on VM's cable website and as a change in my VM mobile account. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

For clarification the deal is available for customers who have Virgin Media TV or Broadband at the time of accepting the offer

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim/?contractDuration=12&tariffID=1176437114

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
teabag
Community elder
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I believe the confusion is coming from the the T&C's listed at the bottom of the link/mobile web pages...

Unlimited Data/ Minutes/ Texts for cable customers: Unlimited plan is for Virgin TV, fibre or home phone customers only, includes unlimited data, and unlimited minutes and texts allowance to inclusive UK numbers for as long as you remain a Virgin TV, fibre or home phone customer. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only x2. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos