cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Direct Debit Mobile

SammyG2
Joining in

Hi, hoping someone can help!

I've been a broadband customer for almost two years and as part of the oomph package I received a sim card. Never used it or activated it because I use another mobile provider.

I've just noticed that for two months a charge of £13 has been taken and a direct debit set up named 'virgin mobile'. I've had no notification of this so suspect it's fraudulent but don't want to cancel the DD before checking it's not some underhanded charge because I don't want to affect my credit score! 

Hope someone can help.

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well Oomph packages come with 2 DDs. One for Virgin Media and one for Virgin Mobile to cover any out of package charges on the phone.

The mystery is the charge if the SIM is not used.

Have you a Virgin Mobile account made up for the SIM. That should show the charges.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey thanks for replying ☺️

I've managed to get through on the phone and they've cancelled it. 

Complete mystery! I've never used the SIM, in fact I think I'd disposed of it. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi SammyG2, 

Thank you for updating us on this and glad you were able to get it cancelled, have you been advised you will get the money charged sent back as oomph sims are included in your package?

Zoie

The account was credited £13 in case another payment was taken for the next billing cycle. 

I wasn't told I could have a reimbursement but to be honest I was just relieved to get the account cancelled so I didn't ask. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry to hear this, why did they advise you could not have a reibusrment? 

Are you out of contract?

Zoie