cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable Mobile coverage/no data connection

Sytheruk
Tuning in

Hi. I have had virgin mobile 3 year iPhone 13 / 200gb data plan with Virgin for a while now and ever since having this plan , the mobile phone reception and data speeds are shocking. I did post a post on here some time ago and tried everything that was suggested, had new sim cards, tried switching to 4g only and turn off 5g as it’s not available here etc. but nothing works.

Everywhere I want to use my phone wether at home or work or inbetween, it struggles for signal and literally has no data speed. It will struggle to load the simplest of things like tweets or even google. There’s literally no internet connection. Speeds may top out at 0.2mbps in both directions, and that’s if I’m lucky and get a data connection at all. A lot of the time there’s literally no mobile data coming through. 

This isn’t a service at all that I’m paying all this money for each month. I’m at the end of my tether. I’ve noticed the direct debit for the phone and the phone tarrif are separate payments. As I’m literally receiving inadequate service from Virgin, can I cancel the phone tarrif part of the contract and just keep the payment for the phone going? This would then  enable me to use a different mobile operator that actually works in my areas like EE. 

Cheers 

Ben

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sytheruk 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of any signal issues. Is this in one particular area or all over?

Please check here 👉 https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker - for any issues with the coverage.

In relation to the question about cancelling the tariff part, this can be done. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi and thanks for your reply. 

it’s all areas around where I live and work. Even though the coverage checker says there’s an overage here and at work, I think it’s just unreliable and shocking speeds. Phone is basically useless outside of the house. 
And it’s not just down to my device, my other half got the same contract as me at same time and it’s exactly the same for her. We’ve tried everything we can our end and we’re fed up. 
I think it’s just down to the area I live. 

Can the tarrif be cancelled without penalty? What’s the process and how do I go about getting a pac code? 

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben, thanks for coming back to us. 

You'd need to speak to the cancellations team who can then go through your options. 789 / 0345 6000 789

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill