cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for virgin mobile

Kelvinheather
Joining in

I have got a sim as part of my virgin media deal and I want to port my number over but I cannot create a virgin mobile account. When trying to register it asks for an answer to a security question, but I have never set up a security question!. Ringing 789 is useless as for the past 3 days I have been told the call centre is closed. Seems to be no other way to contact anyone for help. 

38 REPLIES 38

Hi SONST71

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the delayed reply. The security answer is often the same as the telephone password if that helps 🙂

Amjjad and mrmoo88 - I've responded on your own threads 🙂 please keep the conversation there,

me7 - I can see your issue has been resolved on your own thread 🙂

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

T_T
Just browsing

I am having exactly the same problem, got my first Virgin Mobile Sim last week and been trying to register for a Virgin Mobile account ever since.  I keep getting asked for the answer to my security question but have never set up a security question so completely stuck

Hi T_T

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

The security answer is often the telephone password if that helps?

if not let me know and I'll assist further. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

T_T
Just browsing

Thanks, but I can't find the  telephone password, the SIM was from Carphone Warehouse  (SIM only contract) if that helps

Thanks for coming back to me.

I'll PM you now

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Had a SIM as part of the oomph deal, can't register it on the virgin mobile account, phoned 789 and nothing happens

Hi bigleigh623,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community. Sorry to hear you're having difficulty registering for an online Mobile account with us.

What are the issues you are encountering? Are you getting any error messages or is it asking for your security word?

If it is the security word you require this is generally the same as the password you use over the phone to speak with us.

Please let us know of the above so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi

hi,

I have also had the same issue. Unable to sign up for a mobile account. 

phar2
Joining in

hi - same here - i am the account holder but cannot register for mobile as keeps asking for security question which i did not setup - and also have not setup telephone password either

Hey there phar2,

Sorry to hear that you're unable to register for an online mobile account due to security 😞 Using the information we have on here, I've managed to find your details and can see that an online account is registered. Can you confirm whether you're still having problems accessing your account? Do let us know so we can help reset the relevant details.

Thanks,

Lisa