cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for virgin mobile

Kelvinheather
Joining in

I have got a sim as part of my virgin media deal and I want to port my number over but I cannot create a virgin mobile account. When trying to register it asks for an answer to a security question, but I have never set up a security question!. Ringing 789 is useless as for the past 3 days I have been told the call centre is closed. Seems to be no other way to contact anyone for help. 

38 REPLIES 38

casey2k
Tuning in

Hi All

Hope this thread is still working I have just moved from BT to Virgin and have the same issue on an Oomph contract. I cannot register my Virgin Media mobile as I don't know the security question.

I rang 789 and got a most unhelpful person who did not understand my issue and just kept saying that I failed the Security Question? I couldn't reset it without the answer that I didn't know in the first place. I was going to get a Virgin sim for my wife who is still on BT. Will go else were now as this is far to much hassle.

Anyway any help will do. I tried the Text number 07533016422 but had no reply from that either.

Ok Guys Sorted it out.
Went to register new user put in mobile number and where it said security enter mothers maiden name etc..I used my main Virgin Media account login password and it worked. You can then register as normal. hope this helps someone. Was mixed up in this thread somewhere but needing interpretation for us dummies.

Have a nice day.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know 🙂 

Cheers. 

Redsparrow
Settling in

Hi I have the same problem as a lot of others.

I enter my phone number on the mobile account sign-up page but then I am asked for a password (combination of numbers and letters) that I don't remember setting. All the passwords I have tried do not work.

Help!

Hi Redsparrow,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry ,

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Nursejacks
Settling in

Please advise how to register for mobile account. It accepts my name and number but when I put in postcode it says its invalid. Im unable to reset password

Hi Nursejacks,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you're also having some trouble with your My Virgin Mobile account. You mentioned that you're trying to register, but also mentioned that you're unable to reset your password too. Can you please just clarify whether you are trying to register a new account or whether you're having problems with an existing My Virgin Mobile account?

Many thanks,

Beth

Beth

Bingo1993
Joining in

Hi,

I’m having a similar issue trying to set up my Oomph SIM card. I get the text through to register but the email never comes through, the alternative route through asks for my mother’s maiden name but says that it’s incorrect.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Bingo1993, thanks for the message and I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the set up of this. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris.