cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive verification codes !!!

Gg92
On our wavelength

Ongoing & frustrating issue .

I am unable to receive any verification codes from various sources, including banks, doctors etc etc. The issue appears to be with the " Use Premium Message Services" within Apps >Special Access.

These verification codes are used daily to access various accounts. 

Please can Virgin Mobile resolve this issue. 

14 REPLIES 14

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a long thread regarding this issue. Virgin acknowledged the problem in July last year. It's more than just the bank mentioned.

If you have it, turning off WiFi Calling can help.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Issues-receiving-OTP-text-messages-Santander/td-p...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gg92
On our wavelength

Update.

So spent the last 2 days speaking to 4 different advisers at Virgin Mobile & issue still not resolved. 

Come on VM , can't be that difficult an issue. Must try harder, can do better !!!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gg92 wrote:

Come on VM , can't be that difficult an issue. Must try harder, can do better !!!

9 months and counting. Don't know if any of the original posters got it sorted or are now out of contact and moved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Gg92
On our wavelength

Wow. 9 months,  that is ridiculous !!!

Strange thing is with the issue I am having is I have 2 identical phones on my account Samsung A42.  One can receive confirmation/ activation codes , the other cannot. What's all that about !!!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yep it only seems to effect some. Guess the thread would be longer and taken up by the trade press if it was everyone 

Hi @Gg92,

Welcome back to our forums.

Sorry to hear the issue is still ongoing? When you spoke to our team, what was discussed? Were you given further steps by our team? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Gg92
On our wavelength

Issue still ongoing..

Spoke with 4 advisers. Unable to receive verification or confirmation codes on my Samsung A42 Virgin Mobile.

However I have 2 identical handsets & only 1 is able to receive the codes. I've checked all message settings etc on both handsets & they are identical. 

Which begs the question why???

Come on Virgin Mobile,  can't be that difficult,  can it ?!?!?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @Gg92 

We are aware of this issue and we are working as hard as possible to get it resolved, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Gg92
On our wavelength

So, issue still not resolved.

Unable to receive any Verification codes or OTP codes.

Issue has been going on for months. Spoke to yet another customer advisor today. After several unsuccessful attempts to resolve, VM are sending me a new sim !!

Watch this space !!