cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive incoming mobile calls

James071
Joining in

Hi,

I'm a new mobile customer. I ported my number a few days ago. The PAC code was accepted and my new SIM activated OK. I am able to make calls and data service is fine. I have a Samsung Galaxy A52 S 5G.

I cannot receive incoming calls. Anyone trying to call me gets the message that they have dialled an incorrect number.

I've tried the following but the issue remains:

• Putting my SIM into a different phone
  • Resetting network connections, restarts etc..
  • Changing network mode to "3G/2G Autoconnect" instead of "5G/LTE/3G/2G"

Is it normal that when I go to Mobile networks >> Access Point Names >> Virgin Media Mobile internet the Access port information is blank (as in the attached)? Also in SIM Manager, the SIM shows as having no number (as in the attached).

Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

Many thanks in advance2022-09-07 13.50.06.jpgScreenshot_20220907-164825_Photos.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @James071,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having a lack of service after porting your number. We can understand the inconvenience this issue may have caused. I can see you recently contacted our team today regarding this issue. Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @James071,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having a lack of service after porting your number. We can understand the inconvenience this issue may have caused. I can see you recently contacted our team today regarding this issue. Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Thank you very much for your prompt reply,

It seems 2nd line tech support have fixed the problem for me. It was not related to the network setup on my mobile but was a routing issue.

Glad to be able to use Virgin Media now

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved by our team @James071.

We do however apologise for any inconvenience this issue would have caused. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team