cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make outgoing calls

Stevego
On our wavelength

Hi,

Hope somebody can help - I'm at the end of my tether.

Unable to make outgoing calls - all other phone/text functions working OK. 

Got a replacement SIM as the original fault moved with the SIM, NOT the phone.

Installed replacement SIM exactly the same problem. Spent over an hour on Apple Support call checked everything, reset network setting etc. Conclusion was that fault was with SIM or Network provider. 

OK then two hours on Virgin WhatsApp Support again all the same stuff - fault moves with the SIM card, Wife's working iPhone SIM put in my phone works OK - put my SIM in her iPhone and unable to make calls. Both phones on IOS15.3.

Was told to contact Faults Team on 789. I have spent all day trying to resolve this problem. Beginning to think the only way out is to move to another network provider and transfer number.

Help please.

Steve 

50 REPLIES 50

Hi,

yes that is correct everything else works apart from outgoing calls. I’ve had this problem for over a week now.

Kind Regards,

Callum

Thank you for confirming this @CallumPettitt

Let's take a look at our side to see if we can locate and resolve the issue. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

@Carley_S 

I’ve replied to your message but haven’t had a response

Veritylymes
Joining in

Does anyone know the solution? Had my sim for over three years now and now all of a sudden cannot make outgoing calls and need SIM card for work. Very frustrating 

Hi Veritylymes,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're currently unable to make outgoing calls. 

We can certainly understand the frustration and inconvenience this issue is causing you. Can we ask if you have been able to try your sim card in another handset to see if the sake thing is happening in another device?

Can we also as you to check your not being affected by any outages using the link here https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

Kind regards Jodi. 

Yes happens in difference devices , I’ve restarted my phone updated my phone took the sim out and put it back in still nothing ! 

Thanks for coming back to me Veritylymes,

Can we ask if you have been sent a new sim card at all? We may have to try this to eliminate the sim card first of all.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you, click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Zozmor
Joining in

Good Morning

I have looked at this community and it appears that there is an ongoing theme where suddenly I am unable to make any outgoing calls on my Virgin Mobile Sim .

I have restarted the phone , checked all the settings , and tried in another device I cannot call out using the mobile network. 

I can receive calls , text and use Data , I can make a call using WiFi but not the mobile network. There are no outages in the area. I was able to make calls yesterday with no issue. 

I also require my phone for my work so this does need to be sorted asap

I am hoping that it is not due to my plan which I have had now for many years 6+ - unlimited 

please advise. 

Further to my post yesterday advising that I cannot make any outgoing mobile calls via the SIM card - I have yet to receive any acknowledgement or contact regarding this issue 

I can only assume that Virgin do not want my custom any more and would like me to transfer to another network provider 

Hi, just had this start issue on my phone, following a change of name on the account. Will no doubt have to get on the merry go round of calls that don't bring resolutions. Just in case which provider did you move to? Good to know they were helpful! Thanks.