cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make outgoing calls

noct10
Joining in

Hello, I've been unable to make outgoing calls - everytime I try to, it ends the call right away, beeps 3 times and tells me that the call failed.

I'm receiving text messages fine though so I'm unsure what the issue is.

11 REPLIES 11

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @noct10,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your calls, can you see if you have a spend cap on your online account? If it is zero then this could be causing this issue.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

Many thanks for your swift reply. Just checked and it does say I have reached my spend cap. However, I have unlimited minutes and have not used a single minute of it. Would this prevent me from making outgoing calls?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @noct10,

Thanks for checking this! Least we have a clue as to why it is not working, can you please tell me if the number you are calling is a free number?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley, I attempted to call 2 separate UK landline numbers to no avail.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @noct10,

Are they 0800 / 03 / 02 numbers? Some calls will not be included in your minutes, which might be why you are unable to call them numbers. 

I can change your spend cap for you, which means you should be able to get past this issue.

Would you want to do this with me? If so let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

Hi Hayley, they are indeed 02 numbers.

I was under the impression that my minutes include calls to UK landlines and mobile numbers. Would it be possible to get more information and clarification on this?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @noct10,

No problem, thanks for confirming this.

Here is a link for our call cost, there should be more information on here for you. Let me know if this helps.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

Thanks Hayley.

However, what I meant to say was that my plan should include unlimited minutes to 02 and 03 numbers. I'm not sure how reaching the spending cap would affect my ability to call these numbers.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @noct10,

Some numbers have additional charges, which are not always included in your unlimited minutes.

Which is why it would help if your spend cap was not on zero, if you are wanting to make 02 and 03 calls from your mobile.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team