cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make outgoing calls

sophieh88
Joining in

I switched contracts yesterday to a different sim only deal. Since then I have been unable to make any outgoing calls despite having 2500 minutes of calls in my contract.

I can’t ring Virgin as unable to call! Messaging with a robot is getting me nowhere. I really need this sorting asap!

7 REPLIES 7

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sophieh88,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been unable to make calls since going sim only. We can understand the inconvenience caused and

we want to best help. Just to confirm, is the issue still ongoing now? Are you having issues with both texts and calls? Have you tried rebooting your device to see if the issues persist?
Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes the issue is still ongoing and I’ve tried turning my phone on and off again

And yes it is texts and calls but not internet.

Hi @sophieh88,

Is it possible for you to try the SIM card in a different handset to see if the issue remains? This way we can narrow down if the problem does lie with the SIM card.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

I have now tried the sim in a different phone and as predicted the problem still remains. It started as soon as my contract was changed so obviously I would assume this to be a problem with the sim rather than the phone. 

Is there a way this can be rectified ASAP? Surely this is a simple fix your end as happened with the contract change. It’s now been three days where I haven’t been able to make outgoing calls. I regularly have to make calls for work on my phone and this is going to make work very difficult this week.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sophieh88,

Thanks for your response and welcome back to the community!

Sorry for the issue still occuring, I've dropped you a PM so we can run some checks on the SIM card.

Keep an eye out for the message in the purple envelope icon.

Thanks,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM sophieh88,

I'm glad we've got the call issue rectified for you.

If you do have any further queries then please pop up to us and we'll advise further.

Thanks and take care!

Kain