cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make outgoing calls

Stevego
On our wavelength

Hi,

Hope somebody can help - I'm at the end of my tether.

Unable to make outgoing calls - all other phone/text functions working OK. 

Got a replacement SIM as the original fault moved with the SIM, NOT the phone.

Installed replacement SIM exactly the same problem. Spent over an hour on Apple Support call checked everything, reset network setting etc. Conclusion was that fault was with SIM or Network provider. 

OK then two hours on Virgin WhatsApp Support again all the same stuff - fault moves with the SIM card, Wife's working iPhone SIM put in my phone works OK - put my SIM in her iPhone and unable to make calls. Both phones on IOS15.3.

Was told to contact Faults Team on 789. I have spent all day trying to resolve this problem. Beginning to think the only way out is to move to another network provider and transfer number.

Help please.

Steve 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Lisa,

No don't have a resolution - they are still looking at it, maybe tomorrow - it's always tomorrow!

Good Luck.

Steve 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

50 REPLIES 50

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Stevego, thanks for your post although I'm really sorry to hear you're having problems.

Exactly what message do you receive when you try to make an outbound call?

I'm unsure if you've already tried this, but have you turned off dial assist and then rebooted your handset?

If this doesn't work, then I personally would recommend calling the Mobile Faults team as you were advised on Whatsapp, via 789 or  0345 600 0789 and they'll get this sorted for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Stevego
On our wavelength

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your input....I get two short bleeps and Call Failed (all happens very quickly) when attempting to make outgoing calls.

Dial assist was and is still OFF, it was part of the Apple Support checking process.

I will try the Mobile Faults Team tomorrow, if my blood pressure has gone down enough!

Thanks

Steve

Hi @Stevego, thanks for your quick response it's much appreciated.

Yes, please contact us tomorrow or when is convenient for you and we'll get this sorted.

Many thanks and take care.

Tom_W

Stevego
On our wavelength

So another day... Update

Rang 789 at 10.20 - eventually answered and was then talking to Abby.

All she wanted to do was repeat everything that had been done yesterday - however, after obviously talking to somebody else, she said all standard fault finding tests had been done.  There was nothing she could do. 

She said that she would escalate the issue to the "Technical Team" who would ring me back within 24 hours as they are the only people that could go further than the diagnostics that had already been done! Call cleared at 10.50. I await a call, but I am not hopeful that Virgin will be able to fix the problem and that after 12 years with Virgin Broadband and Landline and 5 years with multiple Virgin Mobile family accounts - I am fast approaching cancelling the whole lot and going to somebody else for Network and Mobile Services. 

Steve

Hi there @Stevego

Thank you very much for your update and I am so sorry to hear that we have not been able to assist via the phone lines. 

I am going to send you a PM now so we can look into this further. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.

lisasmith50
Joining in

Have you resolved this issue? I have exactly the same problem and am trying to get to “speak” to a Virgin Mobile human via WhatsApp at the moment! Sooooo frustrating!!

Hi Lisa,

No don't have a resolution - they are still looking at it, maybe tomorrow - it's always tomorrow!

Good Luck.

Steve 

Hi, 

I’m having the same issue. Was wondering if you found a solution?

Thanks,

Paige 

Hi,

I’m afraid that I never got a resolution from Virgin Mobile. Was assured that problem was being escalated and investigated but don’t believe that there was any real desire and motivation to investigate let alone resolve issue.

My own resolution was to leave Virgin Mobile - using a different carrier - transfer was painless, new network provider provided excellent support during the process.

Disappointing that Virgin Mobile did nothing to get to the bottom of the problem or fix it.

Steve