cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make outgoing calls or texts, and data issues

ilbtbam
Joining in

Hi there,

I recently had a replacement phone via insurance, and since receiving the new handset (and still keeping the old SIM) I've been unable to make calls, send texts, or use data.

When calling someone, I get an automated voice message saying "Calls to this number are currently restricted. Please call 789 to speak to an operator". I can't even call 789, without hearing the same message.

Incoming calls and texts are fine, and I can connect to my home WiFi with no issue.

I have gone into my phone settings to change Mobile Network setting, such as automatic selection of network operators, as well as turning data roaming on. I have also restarted my device each time I have changed these settings, but I'm still unable to make outgoing calls or texts.

Any help given would be appreciated as this is incredibly frustrating considering the amount I'm paying for the service.

Sincerely,
Crystal Porter.

1 REPLY 1

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @ilbtbam

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you onboard! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your phone! Can I ask if you have tried the SIM in another handset at all? If so does the issue continue? 

I've not been able to find your account via your forum details so I'm going to pop you a PM now so we can take a closer look into this. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of your screen alerting you to a new message received. 

Thank you.